Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Goin' Through the Motions

Life is a funny thing isn't it. You expect it to go one way but that is never the case. Hee, I think God must be watching somtimes and going, "man, your slow to catching on to my master plan." I was having one of those "why aren't we at this point yet" moments last night. Please don't take me for being self-centered and greedy, because you know we all do this....maybe it was the rain. Anyhoo, the good husband Ken talked me out of my moment of "duh" and we had a lovely evening. We are busy working on a new venture in the way of our art, once I have more to share I will.

Back to my title.... I have been backtracking into the classic 80's christian music library. I came across a song that really was something important to me as a teen. I had the lyrics taped in my locker at school for just about the whole 5 years i was there. Its funny how somethings still speak to you, even years later. I had to quicky pop in the tape and take myself back to that time of confusion but clarity of what was truely important. I really needed that!

Here are the lyrics:

Actions have been justified
All is compromised
Looking for approval there
In someone else's eyes, oh
Dodging all you really are
Becomes your greatest task
Acting out your lonely part
You hide behind your mask

Bridge:

Never true to yourself
Knowing well this is not like you
Fooling yourself
You're just living a lie

Chorus:

Goin, goin, Goin, thru the motions

Victim of the circumstance
Prisoner of the shame
But it's the double standard life
That keeps you in the game
Taken by your own disguise
But when it's wearing thin
You'll do anything it takes
To impress your friends

Bridge:

Never true to yourself
This is not what you want to be
Fooling yourself
You're just living lie

Well, I'm glad that song still makes me think. With all the changes that happen from being a child to becoming an adult, its good to go back and revisit old feelings. The rain has brought the changing of the season, soon Fall will be here....then Winter. A new year and a year older. Wow, I know its dorky, but 26 will be a big year...more on that later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...