Saturday, September 09, 2006

Crashing

Ariel has crashed, and so have I. Its been a busy few days with lots of visits and social gatherings. Yesterday my friend from high school Gwen came by to see Ariel and gave her a lovely blanket her mom made and a cute outfit. Ariel even managed to be awake for the visit.

Then it was off to Nana's to see my mom's cousins Brenda and Anne Marie, along with little Brett. When playing with Brett, he had a toy car and dinosaure, and I made a comment about how they were friends. He looked he straight in the eye and said, No, they aren't friends. Upon asking why, he replied, because they're not. I stand corrected I guess. My world of everyone getting along in toy land has been destroyed by a little boy. LOL. Thanks Brett, I won't make that mistake again, hehe.

Ariel got a huge bag of goodies from Brenda and Anne Marie, including several outfits, booties, rattles and socks oh my. Heh. My favorite was the little romper with the mermaid on it. It will go great with her mermaid booties. I think I see a trend here, hee.

Once daddy Ken got home, we then attended a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend from church. Lots more visiting and Ariel did very well and we only had to change 2 diapers. Once getting home again, we called it a night as Ken had to start his saturday classes again this weekend.

Today we have been lounging while Ken is gone. Actually, the big excitement is our front door. They have been doing lots of painting in our building and everyone has been getting newly painted blue doors. Which are really nice compared to the dirty grey we have now. Some how I thought we were missed because our little hallway had no pretty doors and everyone else on our floor did. Coming in last night I was moaning to Ken how I wanted my pretty door. Well, didn't have to wait long, right now there is a painter making my door pretty. Whee! Hense, Ariel and I are upstairs until the fumes clear. So she is trying out the upstairs crib for the first time today. Not sure what she thought at first but after putting in the Raffi cd she seemed to like the new surroundings.

Well, I think I too will grab a quick nap. I might steal Ariel's elephant too, he is pretty cute, and matches her outfit today. Thats how babies do fashion, forget the matching handbag, its all about the stuffed toy or blankie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...