Sunday, December 02, 2007

White Stuff


Its still coming down pretty hard. We made it to church this morning and Ariel was the little elf in her red snow outfit. Lots of lovely complements and wishing that her boots could be available in adult sizes. Haha.

Roy, our worship pastor, brought in a wonderful guest singer today named Micheal Jacob. He sings contemporary Native American songs with his Christian spin on them. I really LOVED it and will have to get a copy of the CD. If you go HERE you can hear a sample of his stuff. He sang The Sacred Way and My Heart Is Good. Amazing voice, and a really nice gift for first advent.

Speaking of advent, since candles and babies don't really work together in a safe manner, we have our 'felt advent wreath' to use this year. We found it at the Christmas store on our last trip to Michigan. Too cute.


Last night Ken did a puppet show for the Single Mom's banquet. It was a good thing I told him to leave early from work because he waited for 45 minutes for the bus. Ugh. I am very thankful for our snow tires too. Yay. Now we need a brush to get the snow off the windows. We were using one of the old baby blankets I keep in the trunk of the car after church today, it works except you freeze your hands in the process.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on our tree. Here is the official update on Ariel vs tree... tree is in the lead 2 to 0! Yes, the ornaments are on the tree and Ariel doesn't care! She is more into the musical Frosty I found in my Christmas boxes. I almost gave it away a few years ago, so I am happy I did hold on to it. She loves it!



Well time to rest up, its our life groups potluck dinner today. Whee!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

VERY cute Christmas outfit on Ariel!
and such a cute video, as ever. i really like her sweater in that video - where is it from?

Jay said...

Its the crazy stripe dress from the Gap. The Richmond store had a few left, and I had a coupon. I told Ken she looks like she belongs in the Ikea catalog. :)

Kim said...

Very cute outfit, as usual. I love the felt advent wreath too - totally awesome idea for when you have a baby around :-)

Jill Brochard said...

I love Ariel's Christmas outfit and boot!! I've never seen anything cuter!!

kelly ens said...

it's a DRESS????? even BETTER! maybe we'll be making a trip to the mall this week...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...