Friday, October 07, 2011

Woot for Turkey Weekend!

Yay, its the long weekend, woot! Turkey, woot! I am just so looking forward to some family time and hanging out. I have some busy weeks ahead, so its the calm before the storm. I just signed on to do another tourism book for the holidays and it needs to be busted out in 2 weeks. Needless to say it will be lots of work but worth it. I also have a few cake orders in there, I need to sew my kids Halloween costumes and oh did I mention I am organizing and writing the Christmas kids program for my church? Sooooooooo, it will be busy...very! So if I disappear briefly that is why.

Today Ariel came home with her student photo, it was ok, not super but still cute. The other shot was down right terrible, they told her to smile with no teeth, I don't get that? Either way, I actually wrote the company to ask. I'll let you know if they reply. Haha.

Anyhoo, we picked the simple blue background...


but the company offered numerous backgrounds since they do green screen, oh boy! Let me say when I logged on to the site I was laughing pretty hard. I honestly don't know who would pick these... and if you did and you like it... um, I am glad, but I thought they were pretty ridiculous. First up... the red light district? Um... maybe not good for school aged kids eh?


this feels like the background when they talk to people on survivor... Ariel needs her bathing suit on though.


lost at sea? Down right silly!


did you like both the water and the tree and wish they had a background with both... you are in luck!!!!!


Um... conehead? I don't know what else to say on this one... er


Ken and I were trying to figure out what this was. I say animated cats squished on sandpaper, perfect for the artist family!


So yeah, these were my favs, but they had 8 pages of ones that were just as er...interesting. Hehe.

Last night I got a call from the district manager at Gymboree to discuss my lame experience I had last week on the phone with my regular store. I had gone in for gymbucks to get the kids Christmas outfits, yes they have them out already! Upon getting home I realized I got the wrong size in one of Xander's shirts. To avoid missing out on being able to straight exchange it I called the store to get a new one on hold for me to get the following day.

Well when I called I was put on hold... for 10 minutes so I called back, again put on hold for another 10 minutes. I called back a 3rd time and when they were going to put me on hold I said 'I rather you didn't, I have called twice now and been left hanging. Could you please help me.' The girl on the phone snapped, 'well we are super busy here and the line is long. ' I told her I understand but I kept calling and no one would come back so I have wasted 20 minutes on hold of my time too. Well she wasn't too sympathetic, and snapped, 'you have my attention now what do you want.' Wow, I was shocked but rather than fight I told her, she got the time on hold in a short minute and when I said thank you since I know its busy she replied 'Fine!' and hung up.

I felt like crap... I never complain but seriously she got to me. I snapped and called customer service and cried. The lady I talked to was very nice and she calmed me down but told me a manager would talk to me. Sure enough they did, and were very sorry and told me the girl would be sought out and 'retrained' for better service. I know the manager of the store I shop at, she is wonderful and I mentioned it to the lady who was happy to hear it. I made her understand too that I never experience that sort of thing and that is why it was so shocking and hurtful. She is now sending me a gift certificate to the store. Yay. She even gave me her personal number in case anything happens again. What a nice lady. Woot.

Well Ken and I are going to watch some movies tonight, so have a happy 'Canadian' Thanksgiving and enjoy my little 'Turkey' hee.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow those are some interesting options for Ariel's pictures! Yikes!


Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Teena in Toronto said...

I like the blue background too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...