Monday, February 09, 2009

Elephant prints in the Peanut Butter?

...No, Ariel prints! How do you keep a girl out of the peanut butter jar? I seriously may have to babygate our kitchen, as princess feels the need to help herself rather than ask me. Perhaps its due to the fact I have been out of it and she is feeling the need to provide for herself? Either way, its growing old! She pulls the stool over, gets it down from the high cupboard and well you know the rest. That's my girl, I call her MacGyver.

So the last blog we were preparing for Ken's birthday on Thursday, and boy did it turn out to be a doozy. The night before when I had forgotten to take my pill at lunch, it came to haunt me. I was unable to keep anything down that whole evening and gave myself a huge migraine. Ugh. The next morning Ken was to be going to a school for a presentation so we were to go out to breakfast to celebrate his birthday, but I was still super sick in the morning so that didn't happen.

Ken headed out after lunch to go to the school, using our car which I was a bit concerned about as it had done a weird thing the night before. I was at ease when he called at the school saying he arrived safe and sound. The day went fast and I had enough energy to pull together a steak and potato dinner for my man. Then he called... the car broke down... and he was over an hour away. I broke down sobbing, not today, not on his birthday, not when I feel sick... ugh. I tried calling my dad but no one answered. I called Nana and got the number for BCAA, and we became members over the phone, haha, and someone was on route to help him. They managed to shock the engine and he got home safely and we had a very late dinner... but it was still good.

Next morning I took the car in (which I was super annoyed about since we had JUST been in). All they could figure out was that the battery was pretty much dead. They tried charging it all morning so they could test to see if it was the alternator (which is what I was dreading it would be) but turns out the battery wouldn't juice up enough for the test. They tired a new one and sure enough the test works and nothing appears to be wrong! So when all was said and down, it was cheaper than anticipated, and Dad and Rita were kind enough to help us out, thanks again! We truly appreciate it!

Here is something fun to see, the finished quilt top! Its going off to the quilters to get the backing and cotton middle added. I can't wait to see the final product, its too cute! Stella found a great backing flannel that's blue with sprinkles, very cute! Plus it was on sale, bonus!


Sunday morning we all stayed home. I was so tired and we were having company for Ken's birthday dessert so we laid low and it was heaven. Then Mike and Jo arrived at 7pm and at 20 after we called and poor Dad and Rita thought it was 8pm so dashed over. We ate cake that I decorated with some jelly bellies that Stella had gotten Ken (thanks, they made good decorations) and added a Kermit. We always have toys around here so its easy to find a good topper. Haha.


Ariel had been DYING all day to blow out the candles and eat the cake. On several occasions we caught her tying to get a knife (butter one, don't worry) to cut herself a piece! This girl is insane! We had to hide it on top of the fridge finally.


Ken got some nice gifts, Ariel and I got him a used copy of the new Batman movie (he had actually seen the used one at the video store and hinted - haha) and the Garfield minus Garfield book he was wanting. Mike and Jo got him a 2 free movie pass with the drinks and popcorn added, always nice for a date. (Score!) Dad and Rita surprised us both with paying for our Fleetwood Mac tickets! Yes, I got my present early too, hee. Sadly Nana and Papa didn't make it in the end, so we missed them.

This morning I woke up and got Ariel out the door for ballet class. Today they were trying a new thing of not having parents in the room, and boy did it do wonders for Ariel! Miss Nicole said she was so confident and just glowed. When I came back Ariel grinned so wide and yelled 'HI MOMMY! I DANCED!' It was so sweet and everyone went 'Awww'. She is really growing up. Came home and Ariel relaxed with her friends while I made some lunch.


After lunch we did a craft, a playdo frame. It was fun to pick the colors and we changed it several times.


Finally we were happy with this, and Ariel was very proud.


Since I was somewhat feeling good, I remembered to call the hair salon to book an appointment as my hair was looking pretty yucky. Surprisingly they had a cancellation and I could go in tonight so I am home now with happy cut hair! They took off about 3 inches and layered it a bit, so I am pleased.


Well, I am going to get a bit more work done on Graeme and Kalia's video. I got all of Graeme's pictures scanned today, it was a huge job as he had quite a few albums I had to go through. Now its time for the easy stuff, and it should be finished this weekend. YAY!

Ok, have a good night everyone!

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

i think hair cuts work wonders during pregnancy in making one feel really beautiful!!! it looks great!
the story about Ariel in dance class is soooo cute! you must be so proud of her, hey? I can't wait until Taeya goes into dance :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...