Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hello Second Trimester!

Well, we made it! Woot! I can honestly say the past week I have felt my energy returning. I think I may be able to cut out the lunch pill, which is great. If I can get to one, that be good. I was only taking one for the rest of my pregnancy with Ariel, but I still needed that one pill to keep from being sick. I will try in a few weeks going off them completely to see if I do in fact still need them, but at this point, I am still quite nauseous when I grow close to the time I usually need another one.


I managed to take a picture this morning and even put on make up! I will be using my pink dress for the second trimester pics since its so pretty. My face right now is reminding me of high school days, I have so many blemishes I call myself pizza the hut. (Little Spaceballs joke for those who get it). Thank heavens for cover up. I actually got some maternity make up in my swag bag from the Oscar party. They are colors that help you look like you are naturally glowing, which I totally need since I never seem to actually glow. I am also letting my natural curl out a bit more since my hair is so limp and icky right now. The curls seem to mask it better.


Today was PINK Shirt day, to wear it to stop Bullies. Ariel and I both got our pink on for the occasion. I was bullied for years so I feel very strongly about this. I think back to how I took my time getting my things together before going home because there was this boy and his friends that would wait to chase me home, push me into a bush and throw things at me. If I waited long enough he would just go home...


I was too shy to speak up and embarrassed to say what was going on. Not to mention back then you just 'took it'. The whole ignore them and they will leave you alone was the norm. I hated those few years and I can't imagine someone doing that to my daughter! I won't stand for it, so next year join us and get your pink on!


Well, need to get dinner finished! Have a good night!

6 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE the curls in your hair!! (oh and the cute pink dress with the belly poking out!)

Kristin said...

Hooray for the second trimester! :)
Your hair looks SO good with the curls I wish my hair would do that!

Kristen said...

I am glad you are starting to get more energy!! I will wear my pink next year (just remind me ;)

Jeremy said...

Your dress looks adorable and I have to agree with everyone that your hair looks great! I am really glad to hear that you are feeling better, what a relief.

I can't believe how mean people can be! And to you of all people.

Hope you see you two soon!

Jill Brochard said...

I hate how mean kids can be -- I wasn't really bullied but I tried to stand up for those who were -- I will be wearing pink next year -- just need you to give me a heads up ;)

Brenda said...

Aww, you look terrific! Love the curls (and the belly)! :)

Yep, just give us all a reminder next year and we'll have tons of pink wearers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...