Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lockdown Day 2

First off, its week 11! Almost out of first trimester! Woot! Still on the full dose of pills but I have had more energy than I have had in the previous weeks, so I hope that it continues. I have an appointment with the doctors next week, and hoping I get to hear a heartbeat, eek!


Yes, I decided this week I had 3 days with nothing booked, so we would lockdown the house and commit to potty training Ariel. I will admit, after day one I wanted to quit. It wasn't pretty, we would take one step forward then 2 back. The only time she peed on the potty was when I had her sit there and drink juice. Then it was like the moment she stood up, pee everywhere. I had her clean it up of course, but then that was fun to do, so that wasn't helping the progress. We tried treat rewards, but frankly, she could care less. Sigh...


I went to bed very defeated, frustrated, and on top of that I had a huge head ache and wasn't feeling great in general. Blah. In the morning we started Day 2, and it didn't start well. Ariel wasn't excited about being in underwear again, it was like she knew what that meant. We had several accidents and even a 'poop on the floor' moment. Then I thought to try the reward chart with stickers. I found one with the Disney princesses, and surprisingly, that seemed to spark her attention. After every pee in the potty she would get a sticker to add to her chart. For the most part she did well, and of course there was the odd accident. Her biggest problem is she plays and frankly I don't think she realizes that she goes. Thankfully Mommy stock piled uber amounts of underpants before we took this on, lol.


Then the big surprise was she came upstairs when I went to grab something to tell me that she went on the potty! I ran down and sure enough there was a potty of pee. She was so proud and even had her panties back on! I nearly died, could we finally be on the road to true success! I think tomorrow will be a good experiment to see, so keep send positive thoughts and prayers.

Tomorrow is also D-day for my friend Dianne. Praying for some good news in regards to their 3rd court date for adopting their little sweetie from Ethiopia! Its been a rough road for her and Chris, and we are hoping everyone sends out some strong prayers tonight for them and little Elena. Family Day in Alberta is coming up, so it would be a wonderful way to celebrate for them to have the news that she is officially theirs. Love you guys!

Not much else to say, just planning my menu for our Valentines dinner at home this Saturday. I plan on cooking something yummy, so looking forward to that. Plus, we are confirmed to be attending Vancouver's biggest Oscar party at the planetarium! If you are in the area and are interested in going, click HERE for ticket info. The cost includes a 3 Course "Steak Oscar" dinner, swag bag, Oscar contest and prizes! Not to mention watching the show one of the largest screens possible. I can't wait! I will take lots of pictures! Eek!

Well, Ken is home, better go! Bye!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks girl... feel like puking over here too...

Tera said...

yeah, Ariel!! Way to go pee on the potty!! Jay, you'll be so glad to be done with diapers!

kelly ens said...

oh potty training - how it can conquer us.
i'm glad today has had more successes - hopefully it's clicked in her head now and she'll have more successes than accidents!!! Good for you to do it now, rather than later in pregnancy (the huge baby belly is an added challenge!)

Jill Brochard said...

WTG Ariel!! How did day 3 go! Look like she is on her way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...