Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Who Pressed The Self Destruct Button?

I guess you know by the title its gonna be a doozy! Its been a rough few days but I am happy to say we made it to week 10. Huzzah! Only 30 more to go, ugh. Here is my ever so lovely picture, kinda wishing I didn't do them. I really don't look nice in any of them... here is hoping by second trimester I look better. Blah! Yes, I will string the first trimester pictures together when I get to 13 weeks, so getting close.



Our Superbowl food was a hit. I made veggie quesadillas and they were sooooooo yummy, and really filling. I highly recommend them. I even watched some of the game, and kinda figured out what was going on. Haha.

So Monday morning I managed to drag my butt out of bed in time to take Ariel to ballet class. She was better this week, although she kept checking to make sure I was still there. Should be interesting next week when she is to be alone in the class... shall fill you in as to how it goes. Just when things were going well and she was smiling, 'CRASH' another girl falls on top of her, smashing her face into the floor. When I pull her up, she is crying and there is blood. Oh man, not the lip again! Miss Nicole helps us in the bathroom with getting cleaned up and Ariel is enthralled with the special attention from teacher. She is smiling in no time and back dancing.

When we got home the phone was ringing and while I answered it, princess decided to help herself to a snack. Too many evenings with Daddy I think! Haha.


Here is the lip later that morning, not too bad at all, just kinda bruised.


Tuesday we went to Stella's for some sewing on the cupcake quilt... and I totally forgot to get a picture of the progress. I will say the stopped boarder is on and 2 of the larger boarders were on when we left. Stella was going to finish it up to help me out, as things are taking me longer as I move slower these days.

I did get a cute shot of the future seamstress. Ariel is convinced she is sewing, its very sweet.


Today was hard... we rolled out of bed by 10ish and walked to the library to pick up something, hit the store to get the lettuce I forgot the day before and came home in time for me to collapse into bed. I didn't know what was wrong, I managed to eat, but then it got to a point where I couldn't move, and if I did, I knew I was going to be sick. All afternoon I laid in bed while Ariel played quietly in her room. When I got up to go the bathroom later I found that she had kept herself very busy.


Yes, I had to take a picture because I know at some point down the road it will be funny, and good blackmail I am sure. My daughter had striped down, emptied her book shelf and drawer and was playing dress up.

I went downstairs to find her dress she took off and saw my pill sitting on the counter... I had forgotten to take it at lunch! UGH! No wonder I couldn't get out of bed all day. Good grief. In the time I took it and got back upstairs, Ariel had gone into phase two and processed to play with the toothpaste in the hallway. It was in her hair and lets just say it was a new tube... yes, our hallway carpet is very minty.


Into the bath she went to get washed up, then I got as much as I could out of the carpet. Got the clothes and books picked up and now I sit and type while she is reading beside me. She really is a good girl, just pushing the limits... who wouldn't with a mom half out of it.

Sooooo, tomorrow is Ken's birthday, and I look forward to celebrating his special day with him. We are having a family dessert thing on Sunday, so no cake till then, and I think it will be rather boring this year, nothing super creative... my brain hurts. Ok, off to find my daughter's dress, she is naked again.

7 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

there is something in the air -- Leïla has been terrible!! I hink I would have lost it with the toothpaste -- don't they know they can only get in trouble once a day??!!

Tera said...

Oh, the joys of a 2-yr-old! It's hard when you're the one cleaning it up, but it's lots of fun for all of us to see! :) Hope you are feeling better with the meds in!

missmarble said...

Yikes! Toothpaste! Lily's worst was when she squirted lotion in her hair, on the bed, in her eyes, on the floor - all when she was supposed to be napping.

You're right - someday it will all be funny.

Kristin said...

Wowzers! What a day!
Hope the rest of you week goes better. :)

Brenda said...

Well, at least SHE had fun?? At least it didn't involve permanent markers - could've been worse. Plus, it does make for a funny blog post. :D Hope the rest of the week treats you gently. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

you look fabulous!

LOL...I love that your carpet smells minty, very cute!

Amy said...

oh the toothpaste saga! We have the same problem here- my big kids forget to put theirs away ALL the time- Boston must check to see if they left it out every day because EVERY time they leave it out he feels the need to finger paint!
And yes to Brenda- at least it didn't involve a Sharpie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...