Sunday, September 16, 2007

10 Year Reunion and weekend fun

Well, I went and I survived! Haha. Last night was my high school reunion and it was a lot of fun. I was glad I got to be a part of planning things, and I am sure it helped make the idea of going that much easier. I loved getting the opportunity to welcome them and see everyone as they signed it. We really all look the same, just a bit older...

The food was good, and the slide show went over really well, which made me happy. I get so uptight before they show those things, so it was good to have it done. Got to talk with some people I haven't seen in ages. The best time was just our group sitting together chatting, it was strange to think so much time has past since we were ALL together. With a soundtrack of that time playing in the background, for a moment I felt like we were back in the gym at a school dance or something. Its nice to go back, but I am glad where I am now.

I left feeling good, and I think that's important. It was sad to see so many people who didn't want to come, and I wonder why? Maybe in another 10 they will be ready... we shall see. Until then, here are a few pictures from tonight, followed by the video we showed tonight. Go Pacers! Hehe.




Earlier in the day, our group met for lunch at Ricky's. We had a wonderful time catching up. Jaime came out from New Zealand, Julie from Kelowna, Ann from Calgary and the rest from around these parts. We had breakfast at that same table the morning after our dry grad. We also all seemed to be wearing blue, except Cindy, that was really weird and funny, it was so not planned.

If that wasn't enough, even earlier that morning, Ken, Ariel and I were at Carter's birthday party. Yes her little friend is the big one too! Very exciting and we had a fun time meeting some new people and their little ones.


Birthday boy!


Ariel brings part of our gift to the party.


The balloons were a big hit.


Presents for Carter!


Ariel and Sienna try out the new toys while Carter continues unwrapping.


So it was a very busy day and I was thankful for a quiet Sunday. We had church in the morning and following it we took part in the Salmon BBQ. Yum. Ariel loves fish and was gobbling up everything in sight. Ken also did a little puppet moment today with Kermit and Animal. During lunch, they came out again for a visit for Ariel and her girl friends.


Ken is heading out tonight with Toby for a cartoon thing, so it will be a quiet night for the girls at home. I need rest... partying is hard work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...