Monday, September 24, 2007

Doing the Cha Cha Cha...

...NOT ME! It was the start up of Dancing with the Stars, Ariel's favorite show (besides Daily Show and Colbert Report). She was very excited for the new dancers and did some fancy dancing for us...


She was pretty embarrassed when she spotted Ken with the camera. It almost sounds like, 'Daaad, stop filming meeeee!' Well, sort of, hehe.

It was a fun weekend and I do believe its really fall now. It was dang cold the past few nights. We all had to upgrade to warmer night clothes. Anyhoo, Ken was back to teaching on Saturdays and it was a hard transition. It was also an early start as Ken woke up at 7am, to realize his alarm didn't go off and in a quick decision, I piled the family into the car to drive Ken to the bus loop to catch his 715am bus. Yes, men can get ready fast and woman can drive fast, its how marriage works. Either way, he could have taken the next bus at 8am, but he had too much to get ready with it being the first day, and only having a half hour wouldn't have been enough.

Since Ariel and I were still in our pjs (thank goodness the rest of town was practically dead and not to embarrass me further with my lack of real clothes) we zipped to the only other house we knew who be up, Nana and Papa's. Had a quick visit and headed home.... ok we sidetracked to McDonald's for an breakfast treat. I think I deserved it. Hee.

Later that morning, when we were looking much more put together, we had a late coffee break with Nana before we headed into town for a walk and shopping. Ariel is really amazed with the food behind the glass...


After a stop for milk and the necessities for making dinner, we stopped to visit the ducks. We bought some food at the pet shop and had fun feeding them. Ariel stood watching for the longest time, then when she got the courage up to approach them, I called it an afternoon and time for a nap. (More so that she wouldn't go running after them into the water mainly.)


Nap was good and Ken came home from a fun filled day of teaching. I kissed them goodbye to run off to my night at church. It was our ladies night and we were learning beading! It was soooooooo much fun. I found a new hobby! Whee. Here is the bracket and earrings I made. See how happy they are. Haha.


Sunday we went early so I could do nursery duty during Sunday school hour. It was the first morning that we had to pull out the warmer clothes for Ariel, and it was cute to see her in some new stuff again. Doesn't she look just like a little doll?!


We FOUND the red bow Ariel lost in the room 2-3 weeks ago, so that was awesome! Ariel also discovered her love of hiding in the shelving.


Sadly this wasn't the best day for Ariel. Her teeth were hurting and she would only have short moments of relief until she went back to crying. Poor baby. She did like the teething ring... hmm cold!


To distract her a bit we went for a walk to get the week groceries. She was just happy to have Daddy home... I think she missed him on the Saturday.


I did some decorating the living room with my fall goodies. Almost done and will have the pics up soon. Right now its a bit messy since I have been in sewing mode this week again.

That leads us to today and our outing with Nana. We drove her to pick something up, I won't say what since its a present for someone. Hah! After a donut break, we came home and Ariel played until it was lunch and nap time. (See her cute booties - Mike and Jo bought those on their honeymoon last summer and they FINALLY fit. My girl has little feet!) She had a nice long one today, which is always nice for me.


Had yummy leftovers, lemon garlic chicken, and watched tv while cross stitching the project the lady is paying me to do for her. Whee. Corner Gas started again tonight, it was great! I love that show, but I did have to explain 'The Beachcombers' reference to Ken. Gotta love those Canadian inside jokes.

Well time to sign out... We will leave the final thought with Ariel and her bee costume that she loves... Bee good.

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

cute videos :)
i definitely recognize that food (I used to work there); she's made some fine selections :)
LOVE her sunday outfit - SOOOO cute!

Jeremy said...

She is adorable as can Bee! I love the jewelery you made, it looks like a lot of fun to make. I didn't realize it was Dancing w/Stars last night so I missed it and instead watched the trashy show "the Bachelor" instead. I'll definitely tune into the show next week though. I can't believe its time to pull out the winter clothes! Today Ellen bought Carter his first pair of rubber boots...they are too cute. I need to pull my stuff out as well.

Talk to you later
Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...