Thursday, September 06, 2007

I should be in bed!

But I am not. I am in the midst of scanning some pictures for my Grad Reunion slide show, that I decided to take on. Hmmm, not sure what I was thinking at the time... but its all good. I have everything scanned and collected, so its a matter of putting things together. I have a few ideas... and I am sure by the end of the weekend, I should have something half way descent. Below is a picture of my friends and I back in the day. This was taken at my 16th birthday party. Its fun to look back... but I am happy to say I don't miss high school that much.

Here is me in my grad dress with Lucas the dog. Dang I look young!


I was having somewhat of a crappy day, as I found out a good friend from high school days is separated from her hubby and is going to be getting divorced. That just sucks, and there is no way around it. I took down their wedding picture off my shelf to look at, and I put it away into my photo box. I will be praying for them, and their young daughter... it just hurts.

In other news, I got some video of Ariel today doing some fancy dance moves, but I forgot to upload it. Will get it up tomorrow if I remember. Other than that, we had coffee with Nana this morning, and Ariel managed to wipe out on the sidewalk when she was showing off her walking... aka running like a crazy girl with a water bottle. I kinda saw it coming, but she crashed and cried. Everyone in the coffee house was looking away, apparently it was too much to see the coffee house cutie cry. As usually, after a good hug, she was fine and ready to run again.

We had a nice walk and came home in time for lunch and another breakdown due to the dang tooth. Its so right there. Ugh. She went to sleep and I read a few chapters in my new 'What to expect during the toddler years' book. Ack! I must admit in the little bit I managed to read, I got a hint on dealing with Ariel's new obsession of pressing the buttons on the phone base to make it ring. Best part, IT WORKED! After trying everything from 'no', distracting with other toys etc. All it took was, me turning the phone off and not looking at her. Suddenly it wasn't so fun, I guess my reaction was what was the fun part. Hahah, I am sooooooo on to you Ariel. Party is over!

Tomorrow Stella and I are going fabric shopping, yay. As for weekend plans, going to pick up some things for the new Ariel play area. We are taking down the play yard, since she doesn't use it and are hoping for some storage shelf and maybe a little table to draw and play at. We will do some before and after shots when things are done. Ok, I really should go to bed now... yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Tom Momma. You look really beautiful in that grad picture..but looking closer, you look like your little girl.

Jay said...

Hi, welcome here! Thank you for your kind words, especially the part about looking like Ariel. I am so used to people thinking she looks like my hubby, its nice to hear I may look like her too back in the day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...