Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tis a blur...

When did it become summer again? I thought we were heading into fall, but apparently I was mistaken. Not that I am complaining, but its odd. Oh well. Its been a super busy week and every spare moment I had on the computer was dedicated to working on the slide show for the reunion this Saturday. Nothing worse than knowing you are making something to represent so many people... not to mention ones you haven't seen in 10 years. A little nerve wracking, but fun none the less. Tonight it will be totally finished. Yay.

I guess I have a lot to catch up on about the week. So lets start with Monday... the doctor visit!


We went to have our 12 month appointment, more so 13 month since I waited till life calmed down a bit. I also wanted to wait on her shots until all the major events such as birthdays, family visits etc. were done. Nothing worse than an out of sorts kid during fun times. So Ariel was a great girl during her check up. Her weight as dipped again like it did that one time. I have been told by some of my friends on my message board that its common for breast fed babies to be a bit lighter if they are super active. So we are adding some snacks to help beef up a bit, also we introduced her to whole milk. So far she really likes it and hasn't shown signs of allergies. Both Ken and I have milk issues, so we aren't over doing it, better safe than sorry.

Then came the shots. Ugh. One in each arm and leg. I didn't know how to hold her afterwards since everything I was sure was sore. She screamed and cried. I think both the doctor and I cried too. Once it was done, she perked up rather quickly and acted like nothing happened. What a trooper. She then went back to playing and making everyone in the waiting room melt with cuteness. Apparently she held no hard feelings to the doctor, since she said 'hi' to her. Hahaha. So we will go back in 6 weeks for another weigh in, and see if she is getting back on track.

Tuesday was pretty mellow and we had fun working on using the spoon. Ariel wants to be a big girl so badly and do it herself. Its messy, and its making more clean up for me after a meal, but she is learning right? Hehe. Enjoy a little video of the dessert experience.

Wednesday we went to spend the day with Aunty Lala (Stella) for a fun time of sewing. I was working on my new fall table runner. Its almost finished, and I can't wait to put it on the table.

Ariel had a fun time, she loves playing with all of Stella's bits of fabric. Throwing them and laughing. What a nut.

On the way home we went to check out the new plaque for my mom's garden. As you may remember, the temp one they had made for the ceremony, had a spelling mistake. I must say as I see this one now, I feel really good. It really bugged me to see it spelled wrong all summer, but its over and its all right now.

Also, I got a lovely surprise in the mail this week from my mother in law. She sent a little 'early Christmas present' for me. It was a donation towards the new sewing machine I really wanted to get. At the time, I didn't think we could get it in the end because of needing a new computer, but this was so perfect and I was tickled pink. Stella and I stopped at the quilt shop to see if they still had the machine on sale, and I am happy to say I plan on ordering mine tomorrow! Yay! So a big thank you to my wonderful mom, Liz.

Ariel also had fun discovering the her magnets could stick to the door as well as the garbage can. You go girl!

Today, Nana and I did some shopping in Richmond. We went to the office store first and I found this year's Christmas letter paper. Yes, the dork is getting ready early. Hah. Then it was on to the craft store where we had a fun surprise. We ran into Erin's friend Erin. (Are you confused yet?) This Erin has a little girl named Sienna. She recognized me and finally were able to meet. It was too cute when the girls met, and I wish I had my camera out at the time. Ariel walked up to Sienna and gave her a hug. Hee. I look forward to Carter's birthday party on Saturday to get to know her more.

After I found everything I needed, we stopped at Timmy's for a snack. Ariel got to have her first timbits. The photos speak for themselves.


Then a quick stop at Costco and we were home. Since then its been a bit of a rough day. I am really sore today, not sure why. Ariel missed her nap, and is finally taking one now. She was a little cranky to say the least. Blah. During my time to myself, I made Ariel a new hair clip holder for her room, as well as some new bows. Crafts make me happy.


Tomorrow is coffee group, which will be fun and then in the evening I go help decorate for the reunion. Its another busy few days but I look forward to lots of rest come next week. Sleep is good.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Well, there's a Canadian girl if I ever saw one - she sure seems to like those Timbits :-)

missmarble said...

Oooh, you're a brave mama, leaving a baby alone with a spoon...

Lily still thinks that spoons are for drumming. And that bowls are for throwing.

Sigh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...