Friday, January 09, 2009

...and there go my cookies...

Yes, at 6 weeks and one day pregnant, I am officially tossing my cookies. Sorry everyone who didn't need to hear that, in fact I warn you now that for the next several months we are heading into 'pregnancy talk land'. Thus, you will be hearing about all the joys and woes of carrying a baby... just so you know you have been warned. Haha.

Yes, so I couldn't handle the nauseousness any longer and found myself running to the bathroom Thursday morning. I was shouting to Ariel to go read a book and thankfully she did. I never thought of the idea of getting sick with a 2 year old watching, poor kid. So after further review into my previous pregnancy, I was mistaken, my 'light morning sickness (only sick once)' started at roughly 7 weeks and the 'heavy oh my goodness I am gonna die morning sickness (the all day, can't eat anything variety) happened at 10 weeks. Thank goodness for blogging, as I have a nice journal of info on my pregnancy with Ariel. Anyhoo, this baby is breaking the record and starting the light sickness early. Woot. Does this mean the other side is around the corner? Perhaps, and frankly I am counting on it.


Everyone keeps saying, oh you might not get it that bad this time. Yes, that's true, but aren't you going to feel terrible if I do? Haha. At this point, I am thinking the worst, so that I am not disappointed when it doesn't go away. Really, I am getting a beautiful baby out of it, so its a good trade. While we are on the subject of the bonus' of pregnancy, I predict now that this summer will be the hottest one we have had in YEARS! Yes, the summer I had Ariel it was record breaking heat... then the past 2 years have been actually really cool in comparison. Soooo, what does that mean, Jay is pregnant, so time for a hot summer. Haha.

Other interesting facts to note at the moment, still craving OJ, chocolate milk and sweets. The chocolate cake Ken and Ariel picked up last night is gone... it was good... very good. Just a note, Ken and Ariel did get some, so people don't think I am a huge pig. I wish we had more cake... sniff.

Yesterday morning Ariel and I returned to Stella's to do some more quilt stuff. Things are really coming together and I am happy to say that the cupcakes are all appliqued on and most of the 9 patch squares are together as well. Here are a few pictures of the progress...

The funky cupcake with most of the stitching done!


One version of the 9 patch block. Looks like a little flower, hee.


A little peak at things coming together. There are some light cornerstones missing but that's for next time. I am very happy with how its all coming together! Yay!


So later at 4pm I was listening to my fav station Crave 95.3 turn into the new Virgin station. I must admit, I am hooked! Love it, the whole moment was so well crafted and had me more excited than I thought I would be. Ariel really liked it too and for the next 2 hours danced to every song that came on. I think what I like is that they are keeping my beloved Nat and Drew, as well as all the other on air personalities and just adding new content. So its better, and I give my thumbs up. Whee.


Today we went over to do some laundry at Dad and Rita's and pick up their mail. Ariel was excited to get to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while there. Afterwards we came home and I did a bit more sewing while Ariel played. Pastor Dave came by to pick up a file from our computer. Ken's 'Dare you to move' video which he is using in his Sunday School class this week. If you never saw it the last time I posted it, here it is again.



Tomorrow we have a busy day and its also the last Saturday Ken has off before he starts teaching again. We are going to air care, doing some shopping and having lunch out with a gift card we got at Christmas. Whee. Now its time for me to do a dedication to my sweetie. Ken is totally being awesome during these nasty first few weeks of pregnancy. Extra cleaning, odd jobs and things he usually doesn't have to do around here when I am at full operating capacity. Anyhoo, I love this song and I found a acoustic version that I almost love more!!! I love you babe, all I see is you! Thanks for being my everything.


5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Ariel's quilt is coming along sooo great! What a bummer the morning sickness is visiting earlier than last time, but like you said, you will have a beautiful baby when this is all over with. Its so worth it! Enjoy your Sat tomorrow, sounds like a fun day. What restaurant are you going to?

Erin

Jill Brochard said...

Sorry morning sickness got you! Hope it won't last too long or turn in to all day sickness.

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope for you that it won't last that long this time. But I gotta tell you, we are having a boy this time and the sickness lasted way longer than with Jenny. And it wasn't just the mornings but all day. With Jenny it stopped at around 12 weeks and wasn't that bad, now it stuck around until about 20 weeks and I was running to the bathroom at least once a day. Why do boys have to make you feel miserable even if they are not even born yet? :)

Kristen said...

Jay so sorry you are sick! I really hope it gets better and not worse for you! I love that video of Ken's. It is very inspiring. You both are so talented!

Katrina said...

sorry to hear that, that sucks! I feel for you :( When I had my all day sickness, I had to wonder how people do it if they work outside the home or already have kids. I just skipped classes, canceled all social stuff and lay on the couch watching comedy to try to get my mind off it! Then the Diclectin kicked in and I was at least able to make it to classes. Good luck to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...