Friday, January 16, 2009

Counting the days....

...until I see my doctor and get that prescription for the diclectin. Ugh, today was not good. In fact, the past few days I find I am slowly getting more and more nauseous. I hate complaining about it because I know it means a healthy baby is growing, but I am finding more and more of my day involves resting, trying not to be sick. That is very difficult with a busy little girl, I kinda figured I would be distracted enough to keep going with her and ignore my symptoms... apparently not.

Since not much has happened, I don't really have much to say, so I will take this time to answer questions that people asked in the last post. Here we go!

Kristin asked, Did those symptoms last your whole pregnancy with Ariel or just the first trimester?

Answer: YES! Sadly, until the day Ariel was born, I had to stay on the medication or I couldn't even keep water down. I remember being at the hospital while they tried to induce me and I had forgotten my pills. Ken had to rush home for them so that I wouldn't be sick on all the nurses.

Kristin also made light to the idea of twins. Well, it be lovely, I would freak but it would be nice. Haha. Actually, funny story with my first ultrasound with Ariel. The lady wasn't showing the screen while she did the measurements and I could only make out little things she was typing on the screen. At one point she left to get something and I saw the screen say 'kids'. I nearly started hyperventilating on the table. TWINS?! Noooo, it can't be. Deep breaths, ohhhh. It wasn't till I realized when she showed the pictures later that it was a picture of 'kidneys', 2 of them in fact... 'kids'. DOH! Slams hand to head. So there is something funny for you all.

Brenda asked, How come we didn't get to see YOUR modeling pic? :)

Answer: Because I look TERRIBLE! Haha. You got the belly shot, only one bad picture of me a week. Hee. Besides, it will be so much better when you get to see me with nice hair and make up. Trust me, you didn't' want to see me yesterday, ugh. Not pretty!!!

I see at this point on the poll, the guess of a baby girl is winning slightly. I was thinking it be fun to try the silly wives tales when I get to second trimester. If you have one you think I should try, post it in the comments. Will be entertaining to say the lease. Hee.

Oh, had to share this with you. Ariel has this off tendency to fall asleep under our computer desk. This happened last time I was working on the computer. I got up thinking she was just being silly, only to realize she was snoring. Haha.


Today Ariel and I made it coffee group this morning. It was nice to visit but I found myself only nibbling on things. Food at one point seemed to help keep me feeling less nauseous, but today it felt like the opposite. My mouth has a funky taste in it, and I feel like I need to chew gum or something.

Well my daughter has just walked up wearing my bra she found in the clothes basket... she is laughing at her self pretty hard. Haha. I think she thinks boobies are funny, as she keeps pointing to mine with a smirk... or maybe its just the state that mine they are in now that is so comical. Frankly, they make me laugh... then cry. I have doubled in size and hurt. Ugh. Hormones, crazy things!

Sigh, so that's it from me for the weekend I think. Ken is back to teaching, so its gonna be a long day. Have a good weekend, and will see you again next week!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

oh nausea, go away!!!!
CUTE pic of Ariel asleep under the desk ;)

Anonymous said...

I have always heard that you dream of the opposite sex of what you are having.

Before Mason, I always dreamed of a little girl....and after Mason, before Avery, I always dreamed of 2 boys.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at Ariel with your bra - Lucy is obsessed with boobs and bras - which she calls "booby traps", my son called Princess Leia's gold bikini that when he was about 6, and we've laughed about it ever since!!
Sorry the sickness is still bad, hope the medicine will help!
BTW, I voted "girl" - you have all those lovely clothes that need to be re-used!!!

Kristin said...

Our bodies do such strange/interesting things when we are pregnant! I am sure am glad and I bet you are too, that we live during the times that we do so that have the drugs, and other "comforts" that we do!

Kristen said...

I am SO sorry you are so sick!! I hope relief comes soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...