Friday, January 23, 2009

Here Comes the Sun...

The fog has finally lifted out of our town today... its been here all week. Along with the fog outside, so went my personal fog of 'blah'. After 48 hours, the pills were finally kicking in and I am so happy to say I feel like ME! Thank you for your kind words and prayers, they really do mean a lot. I was really feeling down for a moment, and didn't know how I was to function... because up to that point I hadn't been.

It was so nice to wake up this morning, walk out and not need to run to the bathroom. To not feel at all nauseous, and I am so, so grateful! I was able to fast last night and finally go and get my blood tests done for my doctor (just the routine pregnancy ones). I still feel pregnant, probably more like what regular people feel like, just not the extreme case that I seem to get. Now I can start getting work done, like the wedding video and the numerous other projects I have on the go. Its a new day, and the fog is gone. Woot!

I am still somewhat getting days confused, as today I was convinced it was Saturday. Doh! I was up early because I was very hungry but had to give my blood first, so I dropped Ariel at Dad and Rita's and headed over to the clinic. Thankfully I got in before the rush and was out again in under 15 minutes! Drove back and had a VERY awesome breakfast of waffles, eggs, ham and fruit. There is something wonderful about a big breakfast after fasting. I ate 2 big waffles and the baby was pleased, haha.

Nana and Papa even came, so that was nice. Ariel was happy to see everyone, and quickly polished off her food so she could play. Dad and Rita had just gotten back from their trip and brought us some goodies. Ken got some coffee (I told him on the phone and he can't wait to try it), I got a bracelet and Ariel got 2 cute outfits. The valentines one (which should fit next year too since its a 3 - might be big this year) was from the US Costco, and the white one is all hand embroidered and from Panama I believe. Love them!


After breakfast I ended up taking a nap on the couch and so Rita and Dad took Ariel on a nice walk. When they got back, we decided to use up some of the McDonald coupons I had, hee. Ariel I think has been going through a growth spurt, as she has been extra hungry lately and been complaining of her legs feeling sore. She won't walk down the stairs and asks to be carried. Poor girl.

During the drive home, Dad told me that they added a Vancouver stop on the Fleetwood Mac tour!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am beyond excited, now to get tickets, and I am so willing to sit in the cheap seats that touch the ceiling. Haha. Best part, they come shortly after my birthday, I turn 30 and may possibly full-fill a dream of mine, eek! Tickets go on sale soon, so I will let you know how it goes. Keep those positive vibes going, haha.

When we got home, there was a package in the mail for Ariel. It was her dress that she will be wearing to Ross and Kailey's wedding next month. I got a fab deal on ebay, and its so cute. Ariel LOVES that it twirls and didn't want to take it off.


Then she and Joy both posed with their new duds. Joy got her dress today as well in the mail. Ariel was very pleased!


I still need to get a picture of Ariel in her cute Olympic coat Nana's friend, Joanne, got her. Its super sweet, and Ariel is in love with the mascots, so its perfect. Note to self, take picture!

When I came upstairs to see where Ariel went, I found both her and Joy fast to sleep in her bed. Awww, must have been really tired. What a sweetie.


Well I am looking forward to spending some family time together tonight, as Ken has both Saturday and Sunday evening booked with animation festival activities. Hope you all have a great weekend, I know I will, yay for pills!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for feeling better, and for sun shine! You must have sent us your rain! blah!

Kim said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Yay for sunshine and cute new outfits for Ariel :-)

Jill Brochard said...

Glad you are feeling better. We could you some sun here -- another rainy day!!!

kelly ens said...

awww, poor Ariel with sore legs :( I hope the growth spurt goes fast for her (but not so fast it makes her legs hurt more!).
VERY cute dress for the wedding!
that is such a cute pic of her and Joy asleep. I'm still waiting for Taeya to go conk out somewhere, initiated on her own :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are a feeling like your old self!! As I said on FB, love Ariel's dress, Lucy would love that too...what is it with little girl's and pink dresses?!?! ha

Brenda said...

Love that last picture - what a doll...er, dolls. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...