Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blah... but I am ok

It's been a rough day. I haven't been sick so much today, but the nauseousness has been extremely bad and thus making me very tired. I decided to skip church, something I hate doing, so you know its not good. The original plan was for Ken to take Ariel so I could rest in peace, but he went to Sunday School and at that point Ariel was still sleeping. She ended up coming to snuggle with me and was an angel the whole time. My big teddy bear, hee.

I got up to take a nice long shower and Ariel sat on the bathmat and read some books. I am truly blessed that this little girl is handling her mommy's morning sickness so well. By the time I got out and we were both dressed, Daddy was calling asking if he should pick something up for lunch. Oooh, cravings... hot dogs. Wow, I am craving fake meat. Haha. Nice.

I love this little smirk she gets while eating, haha!



Ariel chowed down on some cereal while waiting for Daddy. She loves to eat it dry, and is pretty happy Mommy got some Cheerios this week. (Another craving)


Daddy got home and made up the dogs. Ariel enjoyed our little couch picnic.


Some point after that I crawled back into bed thinking I would rest for a bit and come back later. The next thing I remember is Ken poking his head in asking if I wanted dinner. I had slept the whole afternoon. Yikes! I am just so tired and feel gross, I wish I could shake it. Trying to drink lots of fluids to keep hydrated, and I do feel ok, just kinda out of it.

Ate dinner, and watched some of the Golden Globes but the TV was bugging my eyes and after seeing Wall-E win for animated feature, I decided that's really all I cared about. I had critiqued the red carpet outfits earlier, haha. So I figured I'd do a quick blog update and head to bed again.

Yesterday we had a nice morning, although it was DUMPING rain. Not really much fun driving or getting into places with that happening. The highlight was getting Ariel and Ken both a new pair of jeans (Ariel was the only one interested in showing them off, haha).


I also found a new baby book for this little one I am growing. I am kinda kicking myself for not buying 2 copies of the same book when I first got pregnant. I LOVED that book and I haven't found anything like it since. It was a Precious Moments book from Hallmark. The new one out isn't nearly as nice and cut all the features out that made the one Ariel had so cool. That kinda had me disappointed, but I did find one pretty close to the old ones format. Its kinda plain looking, but with pictures added, it will brighten up. Who knows, I may find a better one before baby arrives and I can exchange it. The gal at the store did say some new ones were coming in, but I am pretty content with this one at this point.

We then had lunch at White Spot with our gift card from Natalie and Peter. Ariel was thrilled with her lunch, although only eating half of it (saved the rest for dinner). She was too distracted with the boys in the next booth! Yes, boys!!!! She kept looking over, smiling and waving. Oh my... Ken had to entertain her by drawing funny things on her menu, and I had to bring it home to show, its too cute! See, the egg man is drinking the milk, there is a fish swimming in the glass, a crab wishing he could have some too and a happy cherry on the ice cream. Whee!


I don't remember much about the evening, except poor Ken had to run out to the store because I forgot to get the noodles for our bok choy stir-fry. The bonus was he picked up another AMAZING cake while out. Oooh, sooooo good. I went to bed and Ken stayed up watching a movie his brother had been bugging him to see for months, something that didn't interest me in the least, Hellboy, blah.

Other weekend updates, I made more progress on the quilt, in fact I am at the point where I can't do anymore until I get more pieces cut, yay. I updated Ariel's photo blog, finally. Have several outings planned this week, so hoping I can get to them all with little trouble. Its also the long awaited Gymbucks week! Yay, so hoping to have a fashion show later this week with some fun SPRING looks. I think we may need it to encourage us that the warmer weather will be around the corner before you know it.... or maybe its just me that needs that. Oh well, on to new week! Huzzah!

3 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

So cool to see Ken's drawings -- how fun! I'm in awe!

Tera said...

Oh yes, I've been counting down the days until Gymbucks!! I have 5 to use this time, but unfortunately, I work on Thurs. & Friday, but I'll definitely be going on Saturday! I'm hoping to get some spring stuff too!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Megan said...

oh dear,
sorry to hear about the MS.. at least you have a helpful child (even if it's just that she's cooperative!) and a man who buys you CAKE!

Got the dvd - thanks! We haven't watched it yet, but will soon, I'm sure.. they're on a DIEGO obsession right now!
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...