Monday, January 05, 2009

Nauseous...

Ah, its all coming back to me now... ugh. That nauseous feeling hit me hard this weekend. I haven't started throwing up yet, sorry if that's too much information, but I feel like its coming... soon! I pulled out my pregnancy journal that I kept with Ariel, and my morning sickness started at 7 weeks. I am officially 6 weeks pregnant on Wednesday, so lets see if I keep with tradition. Haha. I have my visit with my regular doctor tomorrow to 'confirm' my pregnancy. Something I find funny because I have several positives tests and every symptom in the book, and yet I need to pee in a cup so they know its true. Oh well, its protocol. Then I get my referral to my baby doctor and we'll get things rolling. Hoping I will get in quickly because if I do get that nasty morning sickness like I had last time, I will need to get on Diclectin again fast. Oh, the memories are getting so clear again, joy! Haha. Its all good, don't get me wrong, I just find it amazing how much you kinda forget.

It was a crazy weekend around here. Ken got super motivated to start moving things around, so we did. His animation desk is now in our new reorganized storage room, which is also so much more tidy. It looks more office like now with the bookshelf and some of the toys. We had to box up a good part of our Muppet shelf collection, which Ken talked about it on his blog. Kinda sad, but they will return one day when we have room to properly display them. For those who haven't seen it, here is the crazy shelf... we will miss you guys!


Other news is we found a desk on the Ikea website that matches the style of pieces we have in our living room, so I need to go in and order it. Yay! That will give us enough time to deal with moving the computer down with little interruption, as we need to stay connected for Ken's work stuff and my sanity. Haha. Ariel keeps talking about her big girl room and her 'cupcake blankie'. Yes, I really need to get started on her quilt soon. Maybe Mommy and Stella will have a fabric cutting day soon, so Mommy's baby brain won't make a huge mistake while measuring.

One thing Ariel found during our clean up was her old bouncy chair. She immediately climbed in and pretended to sleep (fake snores included). I guess she will always be our baby... and perhaps she agrees. It will be interesting what she thinks when the new baby gets to use it... hmmm.


Besides moving, cleaning and packing up stuff this weekend, we did manage to get out and have lunch with Nana and Papa. Ariel loves fish and chips day! The cream of carrot soup was also a hit, really yummy! She was a real ham that day, maybe because Daddy was with us.


Ariel has been toting baby Joy along everywhere these days. That doll is fast becoming the first toy she really has had a deep connection to. As you can see, she needed her own chair as well. Maybe I can make some matching clothes for the the 2 of them as well this summer. That be so sweet!


On Sunday night we also had another snow fall! Ugh, then it rained right afterwards, basically creating a huge slushy mess. Ick! When will it end? Who knows? I am ready for it all to end... soon!

Today was a quiet day, but Ariel and I did venture out briefly to get me some orange juice, ugh cravings! I was so nauseous by the time we got back that I didn't feel like doing anything. Thankfully Ariel was a real sweetie today and played happily with her toys. At lunch time we tired out her new sandwich cutter and she was very excited about the hearts!


I snapped this picture from the kitchen because she kept looking up from lunch, grinning from ear to ear. She is such a doll, peanut butter face and all. My pretty girl, Mommy loves you.


At some point in the afternoon, Ariel took a nap (shocker!) and allowed myself to get a quick one too. Oh it was heaven, and how I needed it. Then when she woke up we watched Arthur like we always do. (She LOVES that show) While sitting on the couch, she turns to me and says 'Joy watch Arthur too', and with that she hopped down, found the doll and came back to show Joy her favorite tv program.


Mondays are fun because we also watch Jon and Kate plus 8 right after Arthur. Ariel loves watching 'the kids' and today they were eating soup for lunch, well she climbed up to her chair and wanted soup for dinner. Mommy was feeling generous since Ariel was such a good girl today, and so she got soup like the other kids.

Daddy got home and he had the leftover chicken while I sipped oj and nibbled pretzels, which I find work as well as crackers do. Later, Irene came by tonight with the boxes of photo albums of Graeme and Kalia, as we have been hired to put together a photo video presentation for their wedding. Its always such a joy to do these projects, and I am sure this one will be a blast.

Well, time to crawl into bed... when did it get past 11pm? I will end with the funny Ariel quote of the weekend. While getting dressed, I joked if Ariel needed a bra like Mommy, to which she replied... 'I no wear any bra, I wear Ariel dress.' Lol, pure gold!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Jay I hope that sick part of pregnancy does not hit you too hard!! I can't imagine being nauseous all day with a toddler!

Jill Brochard said...

I hope you don't get hit with full force morning sickness. I was lucky to have 3 phies with no m/s

Robyn said...

Oooooh Janet you have to check out Winners - sometimes they carry clothes from the line Maggie and Zoe, and they are matching outfits for girl and doll. They fit our cabbage patch kid dolls a bit snugly so they should be just right on Joy. And the clothes are uber cute. I have found them with the easter dresses from time to time.
And - you could probably get a diclectin prescription from you family doctor if you ask - and then just fill it if you need to before you see your baby doctor. Gotta keep up and running with a toddler around!
Good luck and wishing you happy non-nauseous days!
Robyn

Amy said...

If I remembered what it was like to be PG, I wouldn't have 3 kids!! :) Hope the sickies don't hit too hard!

Anonymous said...

I hope you aren't nauseous for much longer. I had it with Avery and it was so hard!! I was miserable...I feel your pain. :)

Love Ariel and Joy! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...