Monday, July 28, 2008

Find Your Grail

Hey everyone! Its Monday morning and Ariel is still sleeping so I figured I'd get my blogging done early since I have some things to do out and about once princess wakes up. Her birthday party is 2 weeks away and so I have lots to do still, gack!

On Saturday, Ken went off to teach, so Ariel and I spent the morning at home playing. She got to open another early birthday gift from Nana's friend Jo Anne.


When I asked her what it was while opening it, she yelled A TOWEL! Yes, Ariel got a super cute Little Mermaid towel. Perfect for visits to the water park. Thanks so much!


At noon we headed over to join Nana and Papa for lunch since Aunty Ev would be coming out as well. Ariel was pleased since we managed to hit pizza day again. She gobbled it up and then tried a little of Nana's lemon tart.


After a visit, we came home for naps. Ken got home and just as we were about to do some housework, Dad and Rita showed up for a visit. I personally like the distraction from chores. Haha. After they left, we did 2 loads of laundry, got the kitchen, bathroom and living room cleaned up. Yay, looks good.

Sunday morning we went to church and heard the big announcement (that we already had seen on facebook) that Graeme (Irene's son) and Kalia (Roy the Worship pastors daughter) are engaged! For me its such a wild thought because Graeme is another one of those kids I use to babysit, I remember when he was born... and now he is getting married! Wow. Congrats you guys!

After church we picked up Kara to babysit for Ariel. Dad and Rita were already at our place so we gobbled down our bison burgers they brought for us, yum, and headed off to Spamalot! Ken and I brought our own killer rabbits and had a picture outside the theater. Hee.



The guy who scanned our tickets laughed at our bunnies asking if we had already come to the show. Nope, just crazy fans who already had bunnies. They also had a cutout that Ken stuck his head through for a picture.


I can not say enough about the show, it was FANTASTIC! If you ever get a chance to see it, I highly suggest you do. If you want a sampling, check out you tube for some clips. After the show, Dad and Rita took us to this great new Italian restaurant called Trattoria So yummy, and I can't tell you the last time Ken and I were at a really nice place in Vancouver. We shared the pasta platter that had spaghetti and kobe meatballs with tomato, fonduta penne pomodoro, linguine pesto and lasagna. Sooooooooo good!


Dad and Rita had the carne & pesce platter that had grilled tiger prawns, veal piccata, grilled lamb chops, roasted trout and baby arugula salad. They also got a kobe meatball appy since their dinner wasn't ready when ours was served.


If that wasn't enough food, we then sampled some goodies from the dessert menu. Dad and Ken both had the tiramisu...


... I had the chocolate almond torta, so good. Rita just had a glass of dessert wine that was really sweet. I love ice wines, and this was pretty close to it. Very nice.


We came back to Stella's where Ariel was with Kara. There we had another mini dessert of tarts, and Ariel showed us how she had eaten one earlier. Kara took some cute pictures of her time with princess, so I will try and post some of those soon too.


Well, I guess I should get the day going and start my list of things to do. Bye!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the show!:)

Dianne said...

Glad the show was so great! Now I'm looking forward to it even more!! :)

Kristie said...

Look how skinny you are! Awesome, Jay!

We've seen Spamalot twice now and loved it both times. We saw it in NYC with the original cast (OMGoodness--Tim Curry, Hank Azaria, and David Hyde Pierce...all riots) and then again with the traveling show here in Dallas. We bought Grace some coconuts the 2nd time (she wasn't even conceived the first time) and she loves them, lol.

Glad yall had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...