Monday, July 07, 2008

Simple and Brief

Ken is in heavy writing mode right now for the course, everything needs to be done at the end of the month so this will be a very brief update.

Saturday morning Ariel and I ended up driving to Richmond in search of a wedding gift and part of our birthday gift for our exchange on the 'Born in August' board I belong to. I made part of the gift, but wanted to pick up a little something to go with it. Ariel was THRILLED to be at the mall, and even more excited when Mommy wanted to sneak a peak at the new Gymboree line before Gymbucks next week. She happily played on the chairs by the tv and was telling me that there was a blue and a green one. Apparently, she is learning colors? Who knew? Lol, kidding.

While there I picked up a super cute little bag they had on sale... yes people, 'Back to school' sales already! Good grief, the kids just got out... maybe its to scare them, hehe. Either way, it was half price and a perfect little thing to wrap up for her birthday. I heart kitty!


We then went to find the wedding gift, and realized they canceled the one registry so we would have to drive to the other mall to find a gift there. Drat. We did manage to get the birthday stuff and I even found Ariel a tiara for the photo shoot tomorrow night. Yay!

We got back into town and helped pack a few boxes at Nana and Papa's. Big shout out to Mike and Jo for getting lots packed up! Mike also spent time with his niece, it was very cute watching them do puzzles, awe. We all went to lunch at Ricky's and ended up waiting an HOUR for food. They told us it might be at least 30 minutes, but as Jo kept track of time, it got longer and longer. Ariel was a total angel! She waited so well and only in the last 15 minutes started asking when her fries would be coming. The food was so good when it finally came, and the free gift certificates for another meal on the house was a nice bonus for waiting. Woot!

Sunday brought along church and seeing AUNTY KARA! Yay! It was so surreal to actually see her in person and almost dream like.... was she really there? Ariel was pretty happy, and kinda eying her up too to make sure it wasn't a fake.


We walked home in the sun, so lovely. Ken got to work while Ariel napped and I worked on Ariel's new birthday book! I am so happy with how this one turned out! I finished scanning and doing the page layouts and sent it to My Publisher. We should have a book back in a week! Best part, I found an online coupon for $20 off, sweet! Here is the cover design, and after the party when we read it, I will post the online link to view the whole book.


Today was pretty mellow. We mailed off the birthday parcel and had a nice walk in the sunshine. Had coffee with Nana and Papa, Ariel was excited to have some quiche, even if they didn't have her usual one. Came home for lunch and naps, during which I finished the touch ups on Ariel's Cinderella costume. Tomorrow night is the big photo shoot with Maria! Yay, so exciting. Ariel was loving her dress so much I had to take a few pictures myself to share with you. Here she is checking to make sure she didn't miss a call from the Prince.


My pretty princess!


Well, I need to let Ken have the computer, so I shall leave you with the princess, busting a move to my ring tone on my phone, gotta love it.

4 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Love the princesse!! So did the prince call in the end???
You and Ken are so talented -- the book cover is amazing -- now I'll just have to wait to see the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

You go Ariel!! My goodness she really looks like cinderella!!

kelly ens said...

Taeya and I LOVED the video of your dancing princess! Beautiful costume too :) Way to go - it looks amazing!

Michelle said...

she's so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...