Wednesday, July 30, 2008

80's Comebacks Rock

First off, yesterday there was an earthquake in California where I have several friends living, so I hope you guys are all ok! Praying the damage is minimal and life gets back to normal soon for you all.

Tuesday morning Ken and I did a little demo at SDB Church on animation for their arts summer camp. It was lots of fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Ariel joined us and had fun coloring and eating lots of Oreo cookies.


Ken did demos about drawing cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse and then about making 2 page flip books.


Ariel and I came home with lunch, a treat of McDonalds for our little princess who was so good this morning. She was so happy about the fries, that she forgot about Daddy having to leave to head to work. Speaking of McDonalds, when did they get rid of the Big Xtra (Big N'Tasty for my American friends). Apparently during my time giving up fast food. Weird, I was kinda bummed since it was my fav, but I had a chicken burger instead.

It was raining outside in the afternoon so I spent some time online and I got to listen to Rick Springfield's new song. You may remember him from the 80's with his big mega hit Jesse's Girl. Well, he is back with another song I think is totally awesome. It has similar bits that resemble Jesse's Girl, which is why the fans will be excited, and has a great sound. I am all about anything 80's so I have to post it and share it all with you. I heart Rick Springfield, and What's Victoria's Secret is now downloaded to my ipod via itunes. Yay!



Today Ariel and I made a quick run into Richmond to return some stuff and to check out the fall lines. Usually around this time they come out with boots and rain gear, and for our area, its somewhat important, haha. Last year you might remember how upset Ariel was because they had no pink boots small enough for her feet. Well this year I am happy to say her feet grew and we are the proud owners of cute pink boots with little ladybugs on them. She ran all over the store with the biggest smile on her face. We also hit Gymbo to check out the big sale on we got a call about yesterday. With my 20% coupon added to the sale prices, I was a happy girl. Yay. Ariel's favorite hat, she kept saying meow while wearing it. $8, woot!


Well I have made my lists for the big birthday party which is coming up on the 9th! Seriously, I can't believe its gonna be August by the end of the week. Crazy! Ariel is making sure I remember by wearing her cake shirt, haha. She is also sending out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to NANA today!


I am looking forward to the long weekend with Ken home (except for the Saturday when he teaches). Not sure what we will do yet, but I am sure it will be involve some prep for the party. We are going to a BBQ to celebrate Nana and Aunty Fran's birthdays on Saturday evening. Should be fun to see everyone. Well, I am going to finish cleaning up the living room before princess gets up, joy. Hehe.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Love "Jesse's Girl," one of my favs of all time! Love the kitty shirt and hat too! I have 2 20% coupons calling my name @ Gymbo!! Can't believe the babes are turning 2 :(

Tera said...

Oh yes, I plan to use my 20% off coupon too! Love her hat...and I can't believe you didn't post a picture of her in the new pink boots! I may have to get some for Brynna since pink is her favorite and we're doing a ladybug theme for her bday! :)

Jill Brochard said...

What a cute hat!!!
Leila b-day party is going to be on the 9th too -- we'll be thinking of ya'll that day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...