Friday, August 01, 2008

Waiting is the hardest part...

Big hugs to my friend Dianne, she is waiting... er pulling her hair out perhaps is more like it. Her and Chris' adoption referral papers are so close to being in their hands! If it wasn't for Alberta's wacky way of doing things, they would have seen a picture of their new little girl already! Now its a long weekend and she has to again WAIT! Argh! Praying that the days go fast for them... such a process, I don't know how she does it.

This morning Ariel and I went over to do laundry and have pancakes with Grandpa and Rita. Katie was there too, and Ariel was happy to see everyone, not to mention the pancakes. First we got the laundry going. Ariel loved watching it go round in the machine.


Then making some pancakes with Grandpa.


Yummy! Ariel loved sitting at the little table, it was the perfect size for her.


Here is one of the fancy pancakes we got. Its ET in a helicopter! Lol, my brother Mike was a huge ET fan growing up and when we requested cool pancakes, he always asked for ET doing something like riding a bicycle etc. Its fun to see these fancy pancakes again.


Once the laundry was done and folded we headed to the consignment store to drop off a few bags of stuff to sell. While there I found a cute skirt and top for princess, and the skirt matches another shirt she already has, yay! However, while visiting the owner, another lady comes in bringing some stuff as well. She mentions having some baby equipment in the car. While she is inspecting it, she notices that the swing has mold on the straps. Needless to say when the owner stated that she couldn't sell it in that state the other lady FREAKED! Seriously, she started going off on her saying people know that things aren't going to be new at a store like this, to which the owner states she can't sell something 'not clean'.

It was getting ugly and the owner went back in the shop and was visibly shaken. I tried talking to her but I could see the tears in her eyes. The lady apparently wasn't done and then came inside and carried on a bit more, and proceeded to be a SNOT! I tried to stay as long as I could since I was a bit worried to leave her on her own but she glanced at me that she was fine and I got Ariel out (like I needed her to hear that kind of talk). Ariel then proceeded to walk out the door and say 'STUPID!' Yes, she heard the lady say that, and now has used it several times since coming home. I guess we will be putting a stop to that asap. I don't understand people sometimes. It was MOLD! You can't expect to sell something for a baby with mold on it. That's gross.

Yesterday, Ariel and I were walking over to Nana and Papa's old house to dig up some potatoes, since they would be the last ones we would get from the garden. Sniff. On the way we happened to see our friend the beaver again! This time, I had my camera, woot!


I took the time to take some pictures of Ariel in the garden. I plan on framing a few for Papa's birthday later this month.


She was a giant mud cake after this, haha.


We came home for lunch and Ariel was kind enough to model her new boots and raincoat. Sorry I forgot to get a picture on before. Doesn't she looks darling?!


Tomorrow night is a birthday party for Nana and Aunty Fran at Dad and Rita's. Lots of friends coming so it will be lots of fun. Hoping the weather improves from the rain that is still falling at the moment. I know Dad is making up a coconut cream pie, and I saw the giant fish that will be cooked up, so regardless of the weather, the eating will be great. Haha.


Next week at this time we will be preparing for Ariel's big party! I am so excited and freaking out at the list of things still left to do. Plus our car has to go in next week for a few repairs before our Yellowstone trip, so thank heavens we are getting a 'courtesy car' or I think I be freaking out even more. Well, here we go, the party countdown begins... yay!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love Ariel's new raincoat and rubber boots!! Any chance they come in adult sizes??

Dianne said...

Awe, thanks Janet! Hugs are appreciated!

ET in a helicopter? Too cool!!

Kristin said...

Cute pics in the garden. :)

Jill Brochard said...

I just love Areil's smile!!

Anonymous said...

Prayers being sent to your friend!! That must be so hard!

Ariel looks adorable in the garden!

Michelle said...

she is adorable.. ;-) what wonderful pictures of Ariel in the garden especially the wheelbarrow one :-) I hope someone in the family can keep the wheelbarrow..That's terrible what happened in the consignment shop...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...