Thursday, August 21, 2008

Busy Like a Bee

I have only been home a few days but things are almost back to running order around here. The suitcases have been unpacked and put away, food has been bought and put in the fridge, mail sorted and laundry ready to wash... yeah, I am so holding off on that one... ugh. Tomorrow, otherwise I will have nothing to wear at a party I am attending. Gack!

Today Ariel and I went to visit Nana and Papa and join them for lunch. It was good to spend some time together and Ariel showed off her new tricks of reading her name and doing 'This little piggy' with her toes. (I need to film that one, so funny).

After lunch we came home for naps and it was going well until a big truck started beeping outside Ariel's bedroom window and she comes running out shouting 'Scared... scared! Truck... beep!' So she ended up sleeping in our bed, which wasn't a big deal. Speaking of sleeping, Ariel's transition to the big girl bed has come with some funny sights. The other night I caught her sleeping like this...


Yes, she is asleep... standing and laying down... what a girl! Last night I woke up in the night to go to the washroom, and checked in on her and found her sleeping on the floor. Guess she rolled out and didn't wake up. I just picked her up and put her back... a heavy sleeper I guess.

Yesterday we had the repair man over working on our deck. We had a soft spot that I mentioned to the building manager, so they needed to patch it up. Ariel was very interested in watching the process.


Old area, looking kinda black and rotten.


Ripped out...


... and replaced! Yay!

They still have to redo the linoleum they ripped up to replace the board, so that will be happening next week most likely.

Ariel is also loving her new 'wolfie' from Grammy. He has been carried around the house since we returned. He even made it into her bedroom hall of fame! Pretty impressive for a new guy. Hehe. Kisses for wolfie, awe.

I mentioned we found some cute things at the outlets and mall while in the states, so I wanted to share them. This is a Gap outlet dress, super cute! Ken loves this one!


Then on to fall! Ariel is our little pumpkin, hee. This is her new 'ta da' pose.


Not much else to report, so I will leave you with a few cute pictures. Ariel wanted to lay on the floor this morning rather than get dressed.

What a nut... but a cute one. Hee.


To reflect our cleaning, Ariel dressed up like a busy bee... buzzzzzzzzzz! She kept it on till daddy came home.


Tomorrow morning Ariel and I are going to start the piles of laundry by doing hers over at Grandpa and Rita's place. Should be fun since we haven't seen them since we left. Then in the evening we have a surprise party to attend, won't say since its a surprise. Haha. Saturday morning we have birthday party that Ariel has been invited to, so we will go to that and not sure what will happen in the afternoon yet. Sunday will be church and then the memorial service for Irene. Not sure I am ready for that... its going to be hard... really hard.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Aww, such cute pictures! Haven't braved the big girl bed with Mallory yet...I just can't see much sleeping getting done.

Ariel's hair is SOO long - gorgeous!

Huse Yo Mama said...

She has the cutest clothes! Great photos! I always look at your blog. I'm a bad commenter!!!

By the way, thanks for the comment on my "the perfect gift" blog entry. Glad you shared!!

Amy said...

I love that pumpkin outfit!! Fall is coming too soon! I love the picture of her sleeping standing up! That's talent!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...