Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A time to....

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

I had this verse on my heart today... it has been a day of highs and lows. As a woman of faith, I find the Lord gives and takes away... it doesn't always seem right or fair... but with everything I have gone through in my own life, I know He is in control.

Last night was really rough, something we aren't use to much anymore. Ariel was really tired last night and combined with the heat, was really restless and struggled getting to sleep. We ended up having her come into our bed and we watched 'Hairspray' together until she fell asleep and we carried her back to her bed.

So this morning I was really groggy and when I sat down at the computer I was shocked with the news I saw. Our friend from church, Irene E. had passed away early this morning from a long battle with colon cancer. I broke down and sobbed uncontrollably. Of course this is a total flashback to the emotions that I experienced when I lost my mom. I know the struggles that lie ahead for her daughters... and I pray for them. Sigh...

After calling Ken I sat in a confused state of not being sure what to do. I called Kara and she was kind enough to come over. I had to drop the car off at the mechanics, so she stayed with Ariel which was a great help. We had breakfast together and then did some grocery shopping together. Ariel was thrilled to have Kara around and was pretty sad when she went home. Thanks again Kara, it was good to have a friend around this morning.

The afternoon was pretty quiet but shortly after dinner I got the email I was dying to see today! Dianne and Chris' referral for their adoption came today!!!!!!!!! Yes, they got to see the face of their future daughter (if all goes well with the court etc). Go check out her blog to hear her words about seeing that beautiful baby's picture. Congrats you guys, I am soooooooo happy for you.

Tonight we are just hanging out. Ariel has been watching Ernie and Bert on You Tube with Ken. She just howls! Its soooo funny. Lol. Check out that face, its hilarious!


Had to share this one too from the other day. Ariel, I guess got too warm during her nap and decided to 'strip down'. Lol, priceless.


Tomorrow looks like another full day of party prep... so I better get to bed early and rest up.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Big hugs Jay! I love your perspective on life.

Tera said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

How exciting about the adoption referral though! Yeah! I LOVE the 1st picture of Ariel in the wheelbarrow, soo cute. I think your Papa will love it. Oh, and thanks for posting a picture of her rain gear!;) Love it too!

Good luck with the party planning. Wish I was there to help you out. Can't wait to see pictures!

Dianne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Irene, Janet. It's so hard losing the people we love.

The verses you opened with are so fitting, both for your recent experiences and mine. God really does have his hand in our lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...