Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 8 - Home Again!

Ahhh, I am sitting at my home computer again, and boy does it feel great! Sure the piles of laundry and things to unpack aren't that great but being home far outweighs any of that. During that short day of not being sure when we would get home, this is a wonderful feeling knowing we made it! Yay!

The day started early for us, around 530am I was awake and packing things up. By 630am we were leaving the hotel to get on the road. It was such a cooler day than the past ones, and I am glad we made the choice to wait to drive the long day today. It was far more comfortable and less stressful thats for sure.


The weather was so weird all the way home. Leaving Spokane it was overcast and cloudy...


...once leaving the city it became rather sunny and pretty, then into rain (this was a big accident we saw. A big truck had flipped or something. Its hard to see, but thats all fruit over the highway. Watermelons, apples, oranges etc EVERYWHERE!)...


...and finally into fog. I found this rather pretty.


From Spokane it took about 4 hours to reach outside Seattle where we were to have lunch. We ate at this place called XXX Root Beer (no its not a dirty place, haha). It was however the BIGGEST most UNHEALTHY thing I have eaten all week... perhaps my whole life! Was it good? Dang yeah! Seriously, it was totally worth going to just for all the neat stuff they had on display, the place was full of things that would take you back in time. Very cool. Now, getting back to the food, it was huge, and thank heavens I knew that going in, because I didn't eat pretty much the whole day thus far because I knew this place was going to do me in. Seriously, check out our food, mine was literally about 12 inches long. Guess I will be doing some long walks this week. Haha. It was the right place to end with though, nothing can top that. Crazy.

After lunch we stopped at the shopping center for an hour to stretch our legs and walk around checking out the bargains. I really love shopping in the states, I love their prices and shops. Sigh... Canada needs to get some of these places. Blah.

I found a few cute things and then I discovered Ariel's Halloween costume! Yes, I couldn't pass it up since it was sooo cute and she was quite taken with it too. Funny enough its the same place we got the peacock costume from last year (we had ordered it online and Ken's mom had brought it down last summer since they didn't ship to Canada, blah). That costume was so awesome, and although don't think we could ever outdo it, this one is right up there. Anyhoo, I will keep you in suspense until it comes time to share it. Hee.

Then it was off to the boarder crossing. That was another 2-3 hour drive, I lost count at some point. We lucked out with another super short line, only 4 cars in front of us. When we crossed the line, it felt great. We drove to Stella's to pick up our house keys and she greeted us with some dinner, so nice (especially since we had nothing to eat at home.)


Now, I am off to shower and into bed to relax, everything else can wait till tomorrow... I am still wobbly from being in a car all day, ugh. So I guess that ends our Yellowstone adventure. I hope you enjoyed following along with us in our travels. Just think, a few weeks and we do it again with Disneyland! Crazy!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

glad you made it home safely - i enjoyed 'joining' you on the trip through words and pictures. and amazing pictures they were!!

Tera said...

So glad the problem was easy to fix and you made it home safely! So wonderful to see how God took care of you! All of your vacation posts have made me extra hungry!! Such yummy places you found!

Amy said...

YAY! You made it home safely!! We really can't wait to see you guys in just 3 weeks! I can't believe how fast it has gone by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...