Monday, August 11, 2008

Off We Go!

Well... in the morning we will be off... early... er BUTT EARLY! Gack! Frankly, the moment we are on the road I will feel better. I hate the waiting to go. I spent all day packing and cleaning the house. I am happy with everything I managed to do but I am pretty tired and yet not sleepy. I think there might be a full moon. Blah. I am sure this is the look my daughter is going to give me tomorrow morning when we drag her out of bed at dawn. Eep!


Last night we joined Nana and Papa for dinner. It was very yummy and Ariel was very well behaved. She loved her dinner and REALLY loved the dessert. Haha. Following dinner and our visit, we went over to our friend's place for 'second dessert'. We had lots of leftover birthday cake, so it was good to get it eaten before we left.


Had a great visit with Kevin, Brenda and the kids. They showed us their new kitties they saved on the way back from their vacation. Ariel was in love with them.


The kids all played nicely together and before we knew it, the clock read 11pm! Oh my goodness! I guess time flies when your having fun. Ariel didn't get grumpy at all... except when it was time to go. She didn't want to leave the kitties... or the kids. Guess we will have to get together again soon.


This morning I let the princess sleep in till almost 10am. I however was up at 6am, getting an early start with packing. Once that was done I moved on to sorting the stuff from the party, and setting up Ariel's new toys in her play area. She was thrilled to play kitchen this morning.


She didn't get to play long since I had a few things to do in town, so we had a late breakfast / coffee break with Stella at the cafe. Ariel had to get in a piece of quiche before we left. Haha.

Then when we parted ways, Ariel and I visited the post office to mail the thank you cards and did some banking. We came home and cleaned out the trunk of the car so it was ready to load up when Ken got home that evening. Finally we were done and Ariel returned to her kitchen.


After lunch Ariel went down for a nap, and slept for almost 2.5 hrs. I was pleased that she slept in her bed today without a fuss. Frankly, its not a big deal to me where she naps, as long as she is getting rest it could be our bed or hers. Today it was hers. Woot.

Well, I still have to get a few last minute things done. So the next time you hear from us we will be on our way! Check back because we will be uploading pictures as we travel. Pray for our safety as we drive, and wish us luck! Off on our vacation adventure. Whee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...