Saturday, July 12, 2008

Moving Day!

Today was the big day! We were packing up Nana and Papa and moving them into the seniors residence. Everyone gathered bright and early to pack, and Rita was kind enough to watch Ariel so that was a huge help. Once we got Nana and Papa out of the house... more so to keep Papa from trying to help, we got busy loading the trucks and cars.

Although I am sure we will be by several times before it sells, its kinda a goodbye to the house we knew... sad and the closing of a huge chapter of my life... and for everyone else as well. It did make me remember also about how much I hate to move! Hence us not moving ever UNTIL we know we will stay put in that place for a long time.


Anyhoo, we got everything pretty much unloaded and set up by noon. Went and had a lunch break, and a chance to play with Ariel. She was really into Katie's big duckie!


Afterwards I got to take Ariel home to bed while everyone went to hang pictures and such. I was so bored and tired that I got into bed and watched a movie. I never do that so I knew I was needing a break.

Ken got home and we had dinner and headed out to watch the Tour de Delta!


Ariel loved the bikes racing by and she would shout 'WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'.


We walked around the track and ended up running into lots of people we knew. Thats always fun. It was so hot tonight and it reminded us about how last year it DUMPED RAIN! This weather is much better, hee.


Ariel had a walk with Aunty Lala, who we ran into as well. She got Ariel ringing her bell for the bikes, yay!


Overall it was a fun evening after a busy day. Ken and I decided to briefly check in on Nana and Papa to make sure they were ok. Nana had gone back to the house for a few things, so we kept Papa company. He and Ariel read some books together, a good way to break in the new place.


I managed to get a brief little video of their rooms so show you how nice they are. They also have a little storage room and a nice large bathroom (especially compared to the old house).



Flashing back to Friday, it was the 7th month and 11th day of the year... thus meaning it was FREE SLURPEE DAY! Woot! So we walked down to our local 7-11 store, which is a good trek for us from our place. Ariel was very excited, especially with all the kids there with day camps that were taking advantage of the 7.11 oz slurpees available to the public. This was also Ariel's 1st slurpee experience, so of course we had to take pictures. Yummy!


Her first reaction was 'COLD!' Followed quickly with 'Hmmm, yummy, MORE!'


We didn't do much that evening, but Ariel had to work off her sugar rush the only way she knows how...



Tonight I was excited to see the pictures we took the other night with Maria were posted on her website. So click on Frozen Reflections then click on 'featured' and 'Ariel'. I am loving how these turned out and I can't wait till we do our follow up session to do the remaining costume and such. Hope you love them as much as I do.

My friend Meeka posted this game on her blog, and since I haven't done anything like this in awhile I took part.

Step 1: Open your iTunes or other lesser MP3 player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: Write down the first 30 songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing


No laughing at my stuff, I have some pretty random stuff in my itunes. From crazy 80's stuff and soundtracks to lame 90's music I grew up with and can't give up (much to Ken's dismay) and then some new tunes.

Hot summer nights - Top Gun Soundtrack
My oh My - Aqua
Walk Away - Alanis
All I see - Kylie Minogue
Don't stop 'til you get enough - Michael Jackson
Barbie Girl - Aqua
Dance Dance - Great Big Sea
September - Earth, Wind & Fire
Knights of the Round Table - Spamalot Original Cast Recording Soundtrack
Take me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
Say What I wanna Say - Alias
Just one kiss - Once Bitten Soundtrack
Music Is my hot, hot sex - CSS
Love Me Good - Michael W Smith
We're All In this Together - High School Musical Soundtrack
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
That Kinda Love - Boy Krazy
Around the World - Aqua
Do You Dream About Me - Mannequin Soundtrack
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
Maybe Love - Jetsons The Movie Soundtrack
Blue Letter - Fleetwood Mac
Bad Girls - Donna Summer
The Sign - Ace of Base
Upside Down - Jack Johnson
Drunken Sailor - Great Big Sea
Love At First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Alive - S Club 7
Finland / Fisch Slapping Dance - Spamalot Original Cast Recording Soundtrack
I Can't Help Myself - Joey Lawrence


I challenge you all to do it with your music. Hee. I kinda like how each song has a story about it to me. The Aqua songs takes me back to the summer after I graduated high school and the days Ken and I were first dating. Blue Letter by Fleetwood Mac reminds me of camping trips with my family when I was little.

I have to say since it came up in my list, Walk Away by Alanis was BEFORE she was all popular as Alanis Morissette. She was like a teen pop sensation. Check out who is in the old music video with her... 'how you doin'?' Hahah, classic!



Ok, I should call it a night. Whee, bye!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I checked out the pictures from the Photo shoot. They are SO awesome! And SO fun!

Anna Marie said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! I loved the picture with the slurpee. That sounds exactly like something Kayleigh would say. ;)

Jill Brochard said...

Those are great pictures! And is that the dress you made? So talented

kelly ens said...

Love Nana & Papa's new place; it's really nice!! hope they feel comfortable and at home there soon.
of course, ARiel's dancing video is awesome. i love her outfit in that one!
now i have to check out the photos' from the photo shoot!

Brenda said...

Hey Jay - I'm caught up on your blog again! Ariel's park pictures are sooo cute - that little pink tutu dress matches the flowers perfectly! Gorgeous.

Amy said...

You guys make moving look fun and easy!

Michelle said...

that's a great list :) i'll be back to look at it... have a great sunday. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...