Thursday, July 10, 2008

I can take a hint...

Nana mentioned to me today that I haven't blogged in a few days. Er... I guess not! Wow, was it really Monday last time I checked in. Can you tell its summer?! Add in Ken using the computer every night for work and you have me very behind. Blah.

This week feels like it was very short, or maybe its because it went by fast. Either way, its almost over. Then we are mid month... yikes! As I glance at the calendar, there are very few open days left at all. Apparently, somewhere along the line I got a social life, haha.


Tuesday morning we went to Stella's to cut out the material for the dresses I am making for myself, that I totally forgot about. I found the bag of fabric last week while cleaning, oops, still time if I get in gear. Once we cut out everything, we all headed to the beach for lunch.


Ariel loves the beach....


.... but not the sand coming anywhere near her feet.



Poor Aunty Kara really tried hard, but Ariel is still holding out. Oh well, it took awhile to get her to like grass last summer, so I guess this was expected. Ariel did enjoy meeting the doggy.


The water was still a big hit.


As was duck watching. These are the little babies we saw on our anniversary, they are so much bigger already. Amazing.


We had a great time and came home to sleep all afternoon to prepare for our photo shoot with Maria. It went well, although it was a bit short due to her prior appointment, a 5 week old baby that wouldn't stop crying. Maria kept calling and giving us updates and finally it was go time. However, by the time we found a spot, got set up, and did a few costume changes, our session was up... and so was Ariel. It was past her good mood time, so we decided to use the remainder of the evening and play at the park. We ran into Sue with her kids, so that was nice to sit and chat. Ariel was thrilled to see the kids and they tired her out really well. Haha.

Hoping to have some proofs to show soon. We will need to set up another session to finish things off since it got cut short, but the ones we got that night that I got to peek at are AMAZING! Eek!

I have no clue what happened on Wednesday. Haha, seriously not much happened. We had a day at home after our crazy one, and I think Ariel was happy. We got out for a nice walk and ran into several friends in shops and got to visit with them.

Today we got the opportunity to join Nana and Papa for lunch in the fancy dinning room of their new residence. Deep dish cheese pizza was on the menu today, so both Ariel and I were happy clams. Of course she had to eat her salad first.


It was so nice to get to visit with some of the other residences while we waited for Nana and Papa to arrive. Ariel seems to grab a lot of attention and I think its wonderful that we can make others happy just with our presence. One elderly man was telling me how impressed he was with her walking skills and how he watched her keep up with me walking from the parking lot. Ariel was happy to visit with the local dog, so our afternoon was complete.

Tonight Ken is working again, so looks like I might get a chance to sew once princess is in bed. However, its hard to put her to bed when she entertains us so much. Haha.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I agree there is less time for blogging in the summer.

The beach looked like fun! Cute pics.

Jill Brochard said...

Things are busy here too -- but you are so good at taking pictures of everystep -- I need to get back in gear!

kelly ens said...

man, she can dance!!!
looking forward to seeing those pictures :)
I canNOT believe Ariel's appetite. If that continues, you and Ken could be in trouble - she'll eat you out of house and home! I wish Taeya ate so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...