Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Countdowns to fun...

Ok, as of today, we are less than 2 months away from our Disneyland trip, less than a month away from our Yellowstone trip and 3 weeks from Ariel's birthday party! Whoa, we are really getting into the crazy time. Ken is been writing up a storm every night and should be done in a few weeks, er... rather, he HAS to be finished for the deadline. We are looking forward to seeing him again in the evenings, yay!

Monday morning Kara and I took Ariel to Sears to get some '2nd Birthday pics' with the big number 2. Yes, I am a dork. Haha. Well you probably all remember the 'experience' from last year, if not click here to remind yourself. Needless to say Ken thought I was NUTS for going back but I had a free sitting and figured I'd take advantage of it. I must say that the people working there were MUCH better than last time. They were friendly, on time and very sweet. However, Ariel decided that she would be the problem this time. Basically she realized these were her 2nd birthday pictures, why not act like a 2 year old. Ack!

For a girl who loves the camera, she wasn't having anything to do with this. She was happy at first seeing the big number 2 but then wanted the big 3 instead. Yes, my daughter stood there whining for the 3. I kinda wish the lady took the picture of my daughter holding the big 3 while standing by the 2. It was really funny but at the time I was getting a little overwhelmed. Then Ariel didn't want to sit but run into the room next door and ride on the car. I could go on and on and in the end we did have a handful of 'ok' pictures. Frankly nothing compares to the stuff Maria does for us, but this has become a tradition for Kara and I, so its all good. Besides, we don't have to go again for another year, yay!

After the morning of chasing the princess, we went to lunch at White Spot. Ariel was nice enough to share her ice cream with us. Yum.


When I got home later that day there was a message from Ken saying he was on his way home. Apparently, there was some sort of underground explosion downtown and his building lost power and he couldn't work, so he was leaving. It turns out it was a pretty big 'bang' and power was out the following morning and he didn't go in till noon when his building was up and running again. There are still some people in the dark, crazy!


During the afternoon yesterday Kara came by and had a visit. Its so nice having her home and getting to chat and hang out. Talked about life and love over some blueberry muffins and grapes, doesn't get better than that. I got to show Kara the book we made for Ariel as well. It arrived via FedEx that day, so it was neat to thumb through. Hee.

Today was Gymbuck day at Gymboree! Woot! So I got some things for Ariel's birthday present that she can wear in the fall. I had to make sure they fit ok before wrapping them up, so here is my favorite outfit. I got some tights that she will wear with this, but isn't this totally CUTE! Ariel picked the hat, and now she has to forget about them. Hee.


Stella and I also hit Costco and Ariel got a new box of fish crackers. We had to drop off something for Nana so we stopped by and guess who answers the door... Andrea! Yes, the Schmidt clan had just arrived in town so it was quite a surprise to see them all sitting there. Ariel suddenly got shy and was watching the kids cautiously. I was bummed I left my camera in the car, but sounds like we will get to see them once more tomorrow night. Yay.

In closing, keep praying for Ken's mom as she is recovering from thyroid surgery. She had half the thyroid removed on Monday because of a large growth. We are praying that it won't be cancerous, and should know by Monday. She is at home resting, and we wish we could be closer to help out. Ariel and I sent some pictures this morning to cheer her up. The recovery time is usually 3 weeks for this type of procedure. So send out your prayers everyone!


Ariel is so ready to see her Grammy next month, so we want her to be healthy so they can have a great vacation together in Yellowstone. We need more pictures like this one taken last summer during their visit. We love you Grammy! Get better soon.

Well, Ariel will be getting up soon, so I better go get the kitchen cleaned up! Lots happening in the next few days, so hopefully I will be able to keep up with it all. Bye for now!

4 comments:

Amy said...

We are so excited to see you guys here in Cali!! It's going to go by so fast for you guys because you have so much going on! Sorry to hear about Ken's Mom- hope she has a speedy recovery, and the tests come back clear.

Kristin said...

What a super cute dress!

Unknown said...

I look like I'm plugging my nose in the ice cream picture! haha! Sounds like you had quite the day with your Gymbucks! :)

Tera said...

Love her new outfit. I've been feeling a little guilty about my gymbo splurges since the mission trip...but now I'm anxious to get some fall stuff! :) We'll be praying for Ken's mom. Wow, you are going to busy the next few months!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...