Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Ariel was all festive today in her red, white and blue dress I made her. Always have to remember our American holidays for Daddy.


Quick picture with Mommy.


We got out early this morning to pick up a few things we needed at the store for our dessert evening. On the way we stopped in for coffee with Nana and the gals. Ariel was in a cuddling mood so Nana got to hold her for awhile, which I am sure she enjoyed. After saying our goodbyes to Aunt Penny, who was leaving later after lunch, we got to the store to pick up our ingredients.

Last night Ken helped me clean up the house, which was a total blessing. Its hard to stay on top of it with a busy little girl pulling things out as you put them away. With the main stuff done, I was able to do make up 2 desserts, the popular flag cake...


...and the red, white and blue jello pie. Yummy.


I also put together a pretty arrangement for the table since it has been ages since I have had fresh flowers in the house. Ariel helped, she loves flowers and likes to smell them.


After dinner Jeremy, Erin and Carter came over for our little 4th of July party. I thought it be nice to celebrate with our other Canadian/American friends. Ariel and Carter had fun playing together.


Of course eating dessert was a huge highlight for both of them!


Don't worry, neither finished their huge plate of goodies, lots of leftovers. Yummy!


It was a fun evening and we had a great time! Hope to hang out again soon.

Yesterday, we stopped in to visit Joanie at the gift shop on our way to Nana's. Joanie was all excited to share about her oldest daughter's engagement. Such wonderful news, and the ring was stunning in the pictures she showed me. Its been a rough 5 years for this family since their youngest daughter died in the car accident, so to have this joy is such a blessing. She just was so happy, can't wait to hear all the plans for next summer.

While there, Joanie gave Ariel a surprise! A pretty new dolly that we have named Lucy (Joanie's middle name). I can not begin to tell you how much Ariel loves this doll. She loves to rock her, dress her and change her diaper. In fact, she is always telling me how baby is stinky, and has pee pee in her diaper. A little mother in training I do believe. Ariel sure loves her dollies. Hee.


Ariel has also been given a huge bear from our neighbour, the one who had the heart attack. He was very thankful for the help we gave to his mom last week that he brought over a huge bear for Ariel. She was THRILLED! Ariel threw her arms around him shouting 'BEAR' and he has since become her new tv watching friend. He sits in the office so when Daddy works, she can sit with him and watch some Muppet Show.


Ariel has also been talking more and more lately. Her new phrase is 'I carry you,' meaning she wants to be carried. I guess she picked it up when I would tell her that I would carry her down the stairs or something. Haha. Kinda sounds like 'I kill you' when she says it though. Eek. She has also been very concerned about things being 'messy'. She sees a empty lot with piles of dirt, she points and says 'mess'. Thats our girl, the clean freak!

One new routine is when I do her hair. Since she is getting tall, I have her sit in front of my mirror so I have an easier time to get her pig tails in. She loves to watch but she rather I sing while we do it. The number one song, 'C is for cookie'. She says, 'song... cookie'. Its very cute. She has been trying to sing along the past few times, usually the cookie, cookie, cookie part. Look out Canadian Idol, lol.

Had to share this funny picture from the other night. Ariel is sure a funny sleeper. She has to take all her stuffies and books to bed every night, however, it doesn't leave much room for her. Doesn't that look comfortable? Haha.


Not sure what is happening tomorrow. I am trying to decide if I want to go to town to get the wedding and birthday gifts I need to pick out. Next weekend is the big move for Nana and Papa, so its gonna be crazy then. Decisions, decisions.... oh well, I will make a call tomorrow morning. Ok, off to bed, its been a big day and I am ready to relax. Ahhhh....

4 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

What beautiful cakes to celelbrate with! I love the last picture of Ariel!

Kim said...

Those cakes look delicious . . . and they're making me hungry! The new doll and bear are really cute . . . but not as cute as little Ariel!

Tera said...

Pretty desserts! Love the pictures of Ariel in the white dress on the beach. Our beach vacation was canceled since Mandi won't be able to travel yet, but I'm still hoping to get some white-dress-beach pictures before the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

You two are so pretty!!

And the desserts look so so yummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...