Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Heart

Project 365 - Day 125

So today was the much awaited day back with the cardiologist. Not one I was eager for, frankly because it stresses me out in more ways than one. The short version for now is that I am no longer on medication, I no longer need to come see her and basically I need to live my life as healthy as I can. The echo back in November came back normal. She thinks that either the hole that was there has closed completely or that its a 'pinprick' size, so small enough not to show up on the test. In the long run, this 'hole' if it is truly there, only effects 2% of people with it... so I need to keep myself healthy. The worse case scenario is a blood clot in the leg, which could then go to the heart and cause a stroke, but she stressed it was a rare chance of that happening. I still need to monitor my blood pressure, watch my stress level and relax.. then she basically told me to go on and live my life happy and healthy... I think I will.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Sooooo happy to read this Janet! Big hugs to you!

I was thinking of you on May 1st too. I can never forget that our "forever day" with Hana is also your birthday. Happy belated! :)

Sarah Rachel said...

Jay! That's great news! You are healthy lady with two beautiful kids! =) I'm so very glad!

Katrina said...

Oh, glad to hear it!

Tera said...

Yeah!! Wonderful news! I hope you went out to celebrate!

Kristin said...

That is wonderful news!
You are such an on the ball lady I am sure you will do a great job of keeping yourself healthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...