Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bump!

It finally happened, after weeks of Ariel being a monkey on the couch, she finally went flying and most likely gave me a few new gray hairs. She was looking over the arm of the couch and as I went to grab her she suddenly FLIPPED and went flying to the floor... not until she clipped her head coming down on her rocking horse. It happened so fast and as I ran over trying to keep my own tears inside so not to scare her further, there she lay... some what shocked and freaked over what had just occurred. I picked her up and she cried clinging to my shoulder. Looking her over I saw the damage, a big bump and it was pretty black looking. You can see in the picture, the little black mark above her eyebrow. My poor baby.


I was proud that I didn't cry and I think she calmed down fast because of it. She was running around within minutes of falling. The girl is tiny, but pure steal. I called Stella to get a quick, should I go to the emergency to get it checked, and she told me what to look for if she had in fact given herself concussion. Well, I am happy to say she isn't showing any signs of one. I got to break out our little 'Mr Bump' gel pack for its first time use.


Ariel loved it and I showed her how to hold it on her boo boo. She was quite into that, until throwing Mr Bump became more fun. I then called Ken to tell him what happened (actually he called when she has just fallen and got to hear her scream, blah). That's when I finally broke down and cried over the whole thing. Ariel came over and hugged me. Poor mommy.


Well we lived through our first bump... it was OK... but I don't want to do it again anytime soon. One bright moment, at least we had our family pictures already.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* sometimes they have to learn the hard way, don't they? Naomi REFUSED to hold on walking down the stairs until she had fallen - TWICE - now she makes sure everyone she sees is holding on!
Glad Ariel is okay!
Robyn

SarahRachel said...

I already commented on the board, but I loove that picture of Ariel holding "Mr. Bump" to her head. She's such a cutie.

kelly ens said...

her FIRST bump? wow - that's impressive :)
Glad to hear you both handled it well.
i love the icepack!! :)

BethE said...

I hope this doesn't freak you out, but after reading your post about Chloe's play date, I dreamed I was playing with Ariel last night. I promise I'm not planning on kidnapping her!

Kim said...

Sounds like both you and Ariel handled the bump well! Very cute icepack!!

Kristin said...

Aww, her poor little noggin. :(

Mr. Bump, that is cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...