Thursday, October 04, 2007

Weekend a go-go!

Its coming! Yay, long weekend! Yay, turkey! Yay.... yay! Of course there is still Friday to go, but it will be fast and then its on to fun, fun, fun. We are heading out of town this festive weekend! We are heading up to stay with friends Deb and Blair at their cabin in Birken. I haven't been there since before I was married, so its been over 6 years at least. We will be back for turkey with the family on Monday night, so we get the best of everything! Whee. Ariel is excited, can you tell?


Today turned out to be a rather lovely day. It was a little cold, but that's to be expected these days. Ariel was up at 715am this morning, so we ate and were out doing our little jobs. The tub needed a new knob since the other one would just spin in place, making having a shower a bit of an issue. I switched the knobs just so I could fill the tub with enough hot water to scrub up this morning. Ariel seemed rather confused by the whole thing, since her biggest thrill is peaking at me from behind the shower curtain (and filling the floor with water).

So we picked up a new one, stopped in to visit Stella. During her trip she found and brought me back the cutest little bowl and matching spreading knife with crabs on it. Its too dang cute for words! I love it... maybe my chicken kitchen will one day be a crab and lobster one.... hmmm.

Came home for a snack and headed to the pool to meet Erin and some of her friends (that I am getting to know, which is lovely). Ran into Jen who was working and shared our secret Halloween costume. Since I have told several people, I can say that its a.... PEACOCK! Yes, its the cutest thing ever and you will die when you see her in it. But that will have to wait... can't ruin every surprise right?

Pool was fun, and hope to do that more with the cold weather setting in. Plus its cheap entertainment. Ariel had fun, but has been a bit clingy because of the teething and general feeling of blah. I think its the last front tooth that is coming in. Her gum is pretty swollen and the drool is running non-stop. Yuck. So we swam and visited and the kids got to play in the play yard in the change room, so it was a fun morning.


This afternoon, Ariel (who I now lovingly refer to as MacGyver) showed me what she can do with a simple pack of diapers I hadn't taken upstairs yet. Yes, its suddenly a stool to reach objects such as my cel and ipod. Can't wait to see what she will do with a paper clip.



Made a yummy garlic and lemon chicken for dinner, and Ariel showed us how much she can eat. See that plate of food, it was gone! Then she polished off a whole cup of yogurt. Where does she put it?


And now, the dresses. Yes, we ended up with 2 since I had more gymbucks and I had already gotten the things we needed from the sale area (mostly socks and tights and a few shirts with long sleeves). They are both very different and I think will work for many occasions to come over the holidays.

First is the cute ivory dress with the red details, and matching sweater.


The second is an adorable black velvet with plaid detail. Oooh. Pretty. Ariel liked the feel of this one. Makes her look very grown up. Won't these look super cute with the red shoes.


Now I need to choose the dress for our family picture, and I am leaning towards the ivory, since its got cute puff sleeves and different neckline. What do you think? Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well, I will most likely check in once more before we leave, so bye for now!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Hey Janet, thanks again for joining us today at the pool, we had a great time and would love to do it again soon! The dresses are ADORABLE!!! I think either dress will be great for the picture. I agree that the little puff sleeves on the ivory one is so pretty. Have a great time away this weekend, sounds like a good time. Enjoy your turkey dinner on Monday!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...