Friday, October 26, 2007

F - R - I - D - A - Y

Yay! Tis Friday and I am happy to be alive and standing. Its been a fun week but filled with accidents that have left me shaking my head and wondering if I am ready for all Ariel has in store for me. Last night Ariel again showed her chops for drama when she took off up the stairs like she knows how to do, but some how lost her balance when she decided to stand up from her crawling position (something she has never done at this point) and took a spill down the bottom five steps. Argh. Of course she was fine as usual and after a brief cry and a quick hug, was off and running. Stairs and couch have now become a 'no Ariel' zone until I wipe the image of my child flying through the air out of mind. I am sure she will replace it with something even more creative... I have faith. Haha.

Ariel has also showed a love for the up coming holiday of Halloween. She got decked out in a toilet paper mummy outfit, all by herself... and I am glad it wasn't a full roll in the bathroom at the time.


She has been also sneaking away at bath time when I am preparing the tub... I find her always at the computer, mouse in hand. A little tech savvy girl indeed.


The bruise is getting better slowly. The eyelid is still green, but hard to notice since the eye isn't as swollen anymore.


Ariel has also discovered its fun to carry around the musical barn (the one from the fridge) as a personal boom box. Music on demand and dancing in any room. May have to find a little cd player for her... I think Fisher Price makes one, hmmm.


In Jay news, I have been sewing up a storm. I am just finishing another cross stitch birth announcement for a lady who is paying me, whee. Always nice to get a paying gig with that sort of thing. I also finished up all my little monthly cats I was making. I want to make it into a quilted wall hanging.


I have also been hard at work sanding the little crib when ever I get a moment. I picked out some paint today and hope to start this weekend. Its coming along so well, and its such a neat little project. The bedding is also coming together. I got some lace this week and now I am just making some final decisions on sizes of things.


I will leave you with a happy girl and her pumpkin cookie.


Yes, its the little things that make us cheer. Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the toilet paper mummy pic, cute!

Brenda said...

Maybe that was Ariel's way of telling you that she wants a scary outfit for Wednesday! Hee hee.
It sounds like her and Mallory are two peas in a pod - too funny!

Dianne said...

That's IT! Thank you! That's what I want to do! Now that I am finally school free, I will stitch again :)... now off to find a pattern!

kelly ens said...

key-yoot! love the boom box and mummy costume pics :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...