Friday, October 19, 2007

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose....

...but we want to start off by saying... WE WON! Yes, thank you everyone for voting, we got the email today from the radio station that Ariel's video had the most votes and came in first! So we got to go the Crave 95 radio station to pick up a prize basket worth $500!!!

It was really big... and poor Ariel was a little overwhelmed with how much room her prize took in the back seat. I think had we known how big it was, we would have taken the stroller out of the trunk and left it at home. Oh well, we made it work and the promo people were laughing at the sight of Ariel and the big boxes. They wanted us to send some pictures they were laughing so hard.

Some of the things she won: a plasma car (the big ride on toy), some Fisher Price toys, Baby Einstein book and CD, a cute puppy pillow and blanket set, a DVD, cool booties, grooming set, swim diapers, travel wipes, a Johnson and Johnson's set of bath gels and creams, bath toys, a few fleece blankets, a big package of socks, bibs and some Ikea toy nets. Also included for Ken and I were 4 tickets to the baby fair this weekend (anyone wanna go?) 2 mugs from Starbucks, filled with coffee (Ken is excited about that one, a mommy calendar, a marble tile magnet set, candle and $50 gift certificate to the Keg. Whee, a date... maybe when we see Bon Jovi we can get dinner too. Hee. It all came in a laundry basket, so we have an extra one, which is cool too.

However, before all of this excitement, I had to manage to be the biggest dork yesterday. I was told the winners were to be announced on the air on Thursday morning and was listening the WHOLE time ... except the 5 minutes I took for a shower... I MISSED IT!!!!!!! I felt terrible, more so because I didn't know if we had won. There was nothing on the website and all I heard was that if we did win, we would get contacted soon. Lets face it, I am a terrible when waiting for news like this. I rather know good or bad and go from there. I didn't feel as bad when another one of the mom's posted on the facebook group that she missed the announcement too.

Either way, it was a great contest and we are glad we entered. Here it is again, the winning video, thank you everyone!



So this morning we had our photo shoot with Maria. Figured that we would come home and hopefully would have a message from the radio station. I was soon distracted with posing with our angel, who was doing pretty good overall... but wasn't really 100 percent. The cold seems to be gone, but the teeth are still sore, and trying to get a picture without her fingers in her mouth was tricky. Also was getting a good shot of me and Ariel. She was all about Daddy this morning, more so because she was in shock he was home! In the end we got a great family shot, some cute ones of Ariel alone and with Daddy. The ones with me and Ariel are still good, but they could have been better, poor Maria tried everything and we give her props, Ariel had pretty much had it by the end of it all. She wanted to play, and that's OK. I am impressed she did as well as she did with everything involved... so did Maria. I will post the proofs as soon as the website is up.

In other news, I got fabric for the little crib's bedding. I talked to my dad and he was thinking it would be easier to repaint it rather than stain it. I am now thinking it be fun to do some decorative painting on it. So more things to think about. Either way. I am pleased with the fabric, and can't wait to sew little sheets. pillows and blankets.

I hear my girl, so I better get her up so we can make spaghetti for dinner. Yum

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay she won!! That is so cool!!

Anonymous said...

You go girls!! I even got a bunch of my friends in TO and at home to vote! (some without having seen the video! lol) Such a proud Auntie right here! :) hehehe

love you all
~Auntie Kara

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm very glad you won. You don't know me, but I met Ken when I took a summer course at Van Arts. My name is Lynne, I live in the UK and work in animation too. You have a beautiful daughter.

kelly ens said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Ariel!!! that's so fabulous that she won - what a prize!!!

SarahRachel said...

It's so cool that she won! =) That video makes me think I need to work with Jackson on his dancing skills. I love the bedding for the baby crib. Very cute!

Kathleen W said...

Congrats, I voted more than once don`t know if allowed but...oh well..glad you won great stuff!!!!
remember if Ken gets sick ..think of me for BON JOVI

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...