Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sniffles

That's Ariel's new name today. Yes, the little princess has been somewhat 'drippy' today. Yuck. We have been pretty lucky that Ariel hasn't been sick more than once since she was born, and come to think about it, I do believe it was around this time last year. Weird.

It didn't slow us down today, since she was still perky and showing no signs of fever we went to the library for the story time. She actually wasn't sniffy at all then, so that was nice. Ariel managed to freak out a two year old within less than a minute of being there. I guess the other little girl wasn't expecting Ariel to run over and practically hug her. This poor girl 'screamed' and jumped into her mother's arms. Ariel stood there with a dumbfounded look.


I then had to become the mom that made sure to correct her daughter's behaviour. Ariel was taking toys from some of the kids... even though the toy she was taking she had one already in her hand. Good grief. Anyways, I didn't want to be the mom everyone hates, you know the one that watches what their child does and turns a blind eye to it. I was glad when some other kids did the same thing later, so I didn't feel like I had the bad seed. Lol.

Naw, she was very good, and enjoyed the songs. Erin, Ellen and Carter was there too, so that was a nice little visit. We are planning to see Erin and Carter at the pool tomorrow. The original plan was to go downtown to visit Ken at the school for lunch, but decided to wait until princess was a bit more on the mend.


After the library we had a quick visit at Stella's. Ariel got measured for a new wind suit that she is making for her. We bought the material last year, and Stella just found it again, so its time to make. Whee. Here is the kicker, after measuring Ariel this is the general comment... SHE IS TINY!!! Seriously, the pattern size indicates that she should be in a size between 6-12 months! Her chest is the 6 month size, her legs are fitting a 9 month size... no wonder the best jeans that fit were 6-9 months. So unless she has a major growth spurt... she will be shopping in the petite section most of her life. I am thinking of renaming her Thumbelina.


Not much else to say. The afternoon was mellow and I tried to rest while I could. I am a little tired I think from the busy weekend, and I am messing up the days in my head. Its really Wednesday? Argh.

Yesterday we did the big event of putting fleece sheets on the bed. Yay for a cozy bed. Ariel tried to help... sort of.


Ok, I am off to clean up the hallway... there is still some laundry to be sorted from our trip. Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a fun day even though Ariel had the sniffles! Cute photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...