Friday, January 04, 2008

Back into the Groove

I think we are pretty much back into the swing of things after coming home from our little get away. The pile of junk at the bottom of the stairs has disappeared, only to be replaced by the all the Christmas decorations that we plan on taking down this weekend. Yes, the holidays are over... sniff. But, there is so much ahead! Next month is Valentines Day, which marks Ariel's half birthday! What a lucky girl to have a half b-day on such a sweet day.

Not much to report on the past few days. Nana and I went for coffee on Wednesday morning. Ariel was really lucky and got to visit the kitchen to see where the goodies are made. Gotta love the gals!


We came home for a lazy day of playing with toys. Ariel is really into the cars that Tim and Andrea gave her for Christmas.


Whee!


On Thursday we went down to visit Stella at the Quilt shop and pick up my money at the Consignment shop next door. I will be taking down another few bags of goodies soon. I am so happy to have a great shop so close to us, and Ariel loves playing with the owners daughter.

Then we had a pedicure appointment with my friend Nav. I have the cutest snowflakes on my toes, hee. Ariel in turn wore her snowflake outfit to match. Haha.


Then all of a sudden its Friday! Stella and Kara came over for a short visit. Ariel showed off some fancy riding skills.


The she wanted to read with both of them, first Kara...


...then Stella.


After lunch and while Ariel napped, I took part in a committee meeting regarding a new logo for the church. It filled up the day pretty fast and before I knew it Ken was home from work. I am excited to have him home for a few weekends before his classes start up again. I think we may go to the bird sanctuary tomorrow if the weather is good. Guess we will see.

Once dinner was finished, Ariel showed us her telephone skills.


First you dial...


...then you talk!


Ken decided to read one of Ariel's new books that she got for Christmas from Uncle Mike and Aunty Jo. Well, the last page is 'extra special'. Its a pull the flap type of book and the pictures move. So we have this...


...which then leads to this. I know its true, but ick! Ken was like, oh gross! This is SOOOOO from Mike and Jo!


So the question is, did you guys know about that last page? Hahaha. Oh well, there is one thing to do after a dirty book... have a clean bath!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

As usual a bunch of cute pictures of your cute girl. :)

That book is... I am not really sure what it is but... it's early in the morning and I am having trouble making sense of it... :)

Anonymous said...

of COURSE we knew about the last page... i actually forgot about it until now!! but those pictures bring it right back :-)
jo

Brenda said...

Oh my....my dh would LOVE that book! :) What's the name of it?

It's a good thing Ariel doesn't have Mallory's phone number - I'm afraid they'd have LOTS to talk about!

kelly ens said...

now THAT was a familiar kitchen - that's Sherri!!! Next time you're there, please say hello to her from me - i haven't seen her in years! (i'm not even sure she knows i have a daughter!).
I love Ariel's polkadotted hoodie and tights. VERY cute.
love her phone skills...Taeya is freakishly good at it too...!

Jay said...

Oh, I so will Kelly. We are in pretty regularly, as my Nana goes for coffee there everyday, so we try and join her as much as we can. Tracey is still there too, she just got married this past summer. Maybe sometime if you are down this way we can have coffee together there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...