Monday, January 28, 2008

One of those days...

Its been a interesting day... as I sit and have this lovely moment of peace while Ken is watching Ariel. I am going to miss him when he has to work late a few times this week. Ugh. Before I get into today, let me catch you up on the weekend highlights.

Saturday had Ken back to teaching, but only one class which means he gets to be home earlier! Which is wonderful in my books. This will let us do more things as a family, so its very exciting indeed. We didn't do anything special on this one, just hang out, and relax. Twas wonderful.


Sunday was church and Ken's presentation on animation as an act of worship. It was fantastic, and I am not just saying that. Hee. He has so many people come up and tell him how much it meant to them and how interesting it was. We also want to thank everyone who was able to make it out, it meant a lot to us. Looks like he may be asked back at some point in the future too, yay.


Afterwards we had lunch at Nana's for the triple birthdays, Rita, Ken and Mike. We had gotten Mikey a Quatchi stuffed toy, he seemed pleased. Hee.


Ken got some gift certificates to the local framing store so he can finally frame his special animation cel drawing that he got as a gift. I will post pictures when its finished!

The remainder of the day was a lazy one. I went for a walk while Ken and Ariel napped. When I got home, princess was just getting up, as her naps are somewhat short due to the teething issues. Ugh. I want these eye teeth out, NOW! The poor girl has her hands in her mouth 24/7 these days. Poor thing, and sometimes cuddles don't even work... but that night it did. Awe.


Today was a bit crazy. We had a nice walk in the morning, visiting Nana and Papa on the way back. After lunch Ariel went down for a nap, only to wake up due to the noise outside from the design shop packing up and moving. Its been an on going racket for the past week, so I will be glad when they finish. Ariel then stayed up and NOTHING made her happy. She was so sad and would just stand there and cry. Sniff.

The one time she didn't cry was when she was trying to help herself to the bag of animal crackers on the counter.


Oh course it was short lived and she just stuck to me like glue until it came time for me to make dinner. Then I somehow managed to set off the upstairs smoke alarm while cooking! I have never done that before, and frankly it didn't help Ariel either, as she started crying while I am trying to bat the thing down so I can stop it. Thank goodness Ken walked in at that moment and was able to take Ariel and gave me the chance to grab a chair and press the reset button. The one positive, at least we know how sensitive it is, and I feel safer knowing it will go off if there is something wrong downstairs.

I am off to go do some work on the church directory, since it didn't happen this afternoon. I also was tagged for a bag picture, so I will do that soon too. Its just a little nuts today. Sigh.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I hope you have a better day tomorrow and that Ariel gets a break from her teeth soon too!

Jill Brochard said...

That is a beautiful picture of you and Ariel! I hope those teeth pop out quickly and stop causing her trouble!

Brenda said...

Ugh, I am so not looking forward to eye teeth...we're having enough trouble with the molars (2 months later and they're STILL not all the way in!)

Hope Ariel's feeling better soon. Lotsa big hugs her way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...