Saturday, January 12, 2008

No no no.... *SPLASH*

Hey, I guess I am due for a post eh? Its been pretty quiet around here as we finished up the week. Thursday was visit to Nana and Papa's to do some Ariel laundry and a visit and some freelance work in the afternoon. Ariel always enjoys getting to read her favorite alphabet book while visiting Nana and Papa's house. My little book worm.


Friday was an early start to take the car into the garage for an oil change and other various fun car type things in preparation for an Aircare exam and in the afternoon I had a meeting for the logo committee for church. Whee. Most of the evening consisted of Ariel determined that she needed two cups of water. She would drink from one, then the other.


This morning we were all up early to take the car to aircare and to get Ken's license renewed. Exciting eh? Car passed, actually the numbers were even better this year, woot! Ken was in and out super fast, which in turn didn't please Ariel as she didn't get much time to play with the toys they had in the waiting area. We grabbed a quick bite at Tim Horton's and decided to make a mall run to look for a dvd Ken wanted.

Sadly, we didn't find the dvd, oh well, that's what ordering online is for. Hehe. I did find some cute shorts for Ariel for the coming warmer weather, or in hoping for warmer weather? I got myself a cute nightgown that was on sale. I did find a really cute top too, but I wasn't about to wait in line that could take over an hour in Old Navy. Did I miss something, was there a huge sale? I have gymbucks coming up this week at Gymboree, so I was more so looking to see what was there in the store remaining from the older lines. I was actually surprised that there wasn't much of anything. So I am glad about the new line coming out tomorrow! Its really pretty, gotta love websites that let you see the new stuff early.

Another interesting development today was Ariel's ever growing vocabulary. She started saying a few new words this week including blue, bow, bee, shoe, good, lala (that's Aunty Stella's cute name), car and NO! Yes, Ariel got out her first no no no. I am not sure she really understands what it mean, but whenever she says something new, she gets a huge kick out of it and laughs this huge belly laugh. Her biggest thrill is watching her reflection when she talks, too cute.


She also is really into dropping objects into things. So warning, don't leave a glass around at her level. I got a car in my water today, yesterday was a cracker, yuck.


During Ariel's nap, Ken worked on stuff and I took a long walk which included a stop at the insurance place to renew the car's policy and then a run to buy some veggies. It was so nice to have a long walk on my own with just my ipod. I miss those quiet times, but I missed the family too.

After dinner Ariel decided it was time to play with Daddy's shoes again...


...and again!


Finally decided instead on a book.


Only to change her mind and want to drink from the big glass...


I gave her a small one...



Either way it was a pretty wet outcome for her, but pure entertainment for us!


Well, off to put Ariel to bed so we can get back to watching Twin Peaks. Ken got the whole series set for Christmas and we are going through them. Dang that show is SCARY!!! I can't believe that these episodes were on tv, they are so intense and somewhat gruesome, even by today's standards. Even Ken was totally freaked out with a few of them. I think he even posted by far one of the creepiest scenes on his blog. Eek!

Ok, better get this girl in bed. Good night everyone!

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

yes, there's a HUGE sale at Old Navy this weekend :)
that drinking video and picture are priceless. i LOVE her laugh. and it sounded to me like she said, "are you sure it's all gone?" hilarious!

Kristin said...

Love the video, too cute!
What a funny kid!

Dianne said...

Ergh... yes... just thinking about Twin Peaks freaks me out and makes me afraid to be at home alone. Eek!! (It's even been a few years since we watched it!)

Jill Brochard said...

Hahaha!! Love the water video!! Just hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...