Monday, January 21, 2008

Back to Bloggin'

Yes, I took the weekend off, not much happened anyways. Heh. Actually, I had Ken home on Saturday, which was a treat and a big help since I had a meeting that morning at the church regarding the new logo, and now I didn't have to bring Ariel along. I left the pajama gang at home with a list of things to do before I returned, as we wanted to swing out to the craft store to get some stuff for Ken to animate with. Pencils are important tools!


The meeting went better than expected, and I am happy to say a positive reaction, and all voted yes! Whee, so next is the annual general meeting next month, to present it to the congregation. Eek.

After the meeting, I picked up Ken and Ariel and we headed out. Half way there is when the snow started falling. Again with the snow! Good grief. We were quick and I got some new beads to make some more 'pretties' for Ariel, as well as some paper for making Valentines!

The rest of the day was pretty mellow. Ariel napped, Ken animated, and I went for a very soggy walk in the slushy snow. I really need boots, oh well. For dinner I had got a piece of salmon to cook up and boy was that awesome! Ariel gobbled it down with her cooked spinach, yes I said spinach. She loved it and demanded more. I am always amazed at her willingness to try these things, as I lived on bun and peanut butter till I was practically a teenager.

Sunday was church, and I quickly switched so I could be in the nursery, since I got the days wrong in my head and realized I was on for next week when Ken was speaking! Oops. So I was able to switch and now I can enjoy his talk next week when the family all comes too. Anyone who wants to come see him speak, I can let you know the time.

Rest of the day was another lazy one, once we got home from the little meeting they had at church following the soup and bun lunch. I got out for another walk on my own with my ipod, so relaxing. I really need that time I think.

Today was sunny but cold. We started the day having a lazy morning in our pjs. Ariel discovered her shadow, it was funny watching her poke at it.


Then some dancing in the kitchen.


We also tried a new hair-do today!


After the mailman came and I got a few things straightened out with a client we walked down to town to get our pictures printed finally. Haven't gotten them done since summer, so we had um... over 200 that had to get printed. Gack! We then walked home and Ariel was in the zone, pointing at the odd dog and cars we passed.

Upon coming home, I got Ariel to practice some of her letters and words. Too cute!



As I type Ken and Ariel are downstairs watching Donald Duck cartoons. She loves his voice and busts a gut when he talks. Hahaha. So while they bond, I think I will go start filling the albums with this huge stack of photos.

7 comments:

SarahRachel said...

She's doing awesome with her words and letters! What a smartie! =) Do you scrapbook or just put your photos in albums? I haven't printed out ANY pics of Jackson since he was born other than a handful I've framed. I need to get to it. Sounds like a relaxing and fun weekend. Don't you love watching your husband with Ariel? I love watching Jackson and his Daddy together.

Jill Brochard said...

Wow!! Little miss smarty pants! I love our she had "car" -- kinda with a boston accent -- too cute! Oh and one of Alison's favorite foods in spinach! ;)

Brenda said...

I can't wait to get home and watch Ariel's video with sound! :)

And I'm so glad I'm not the only photo slacker....I'm backed up from her first Christmas!

Kristin said...

Good letter Ariel!

Yippee for a lazy weekend. :)

kelly ens said...

great video! and her new hairdo is So cute!!!
Taeya was also poking at her shadows the past few days :) so cute!

Dianne said...

Love the new 'do!!

Amy said...

What is better than a baby girl and her daddy in their PJ's? That's so cute!! That shadow picture is too funny, I can't wait for Boston to find his!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...