Saturday, November 08, 2008

Brunch, Tea and Goodness Me

It was raining again today, argh! Its been pretty much been non stop for the past few days, and like any good west coaster knows, its the cold, nasty rain. Blah. Even to run out to our car involves getting soaked. Not fun, but hey that's winter around here (even though it may technically be fall still).

The day was packed with activities, starting with brunch at Dad and Rita's place. The rain actually stopped (for like an hour) when we arrived, so I was able to snap a cute picture of my baby in her new boots. Little rip off Uggs I found online, now if I could find a pair for under $20 too I be happy. Haha.


Breakfast was yummy, quiche, waffles, fruit and bacon. Did I mention Ariel is a huge fan of bacon? It was nice to see Mike and Jo, too bad Ken had to teach this morning. Oh well, I made sure to eat his share of bacon. Love ya babe.


After breakfast, Ariel and I headed off to the local bazaar to attend tea with Nana and Delores. Really that is always the highlight for me, and the rest of it is just added fun. Ariel was happy to have a big plate of fancy sandwiches.


Mommy and Ariel love tea time! I think we will have to host a tea party in the future since she took a liking to it... well as long as it was loaded with milk and sugar. Hee.


After tea we went back to pick up our laundry at Dad and Rita's. We had a visit and then packed up to come home. Ariel didn't nap again, much like most of the week, but will sit and watch The Little Mermaid movie everyday on her own. Its nice because its still a bit of a break for me, and she looks forward to watching that movie daily. I am hoping she gets the new Tinkerbell movie for Christmas because I think she is going to need a break from this movie eventually. Tinkerbell seems to be right up there with the Mermaid, and when she sees the commercial she goes nuts! I tried to get it at Wal-mart this week but it was sold out, blah.

After the movie was over, we headed down to the quilt shop because Stella said there was a bag of goodies for me. Turns out there is a lady who found out I do stitching. She was cleaning out her stash and sent a bag for me to go through to see if there was anything I wanted... WAS THERE! My gosh it was like Christmas!!! Tons of linen, threads, kits, charms, blending filaments and even a stitching rack. Wow!!! I will be writing her a nice thank you. I am literally stoked and can't wait to put it to use. Won't need to buy anything for a VERY long time. Hee.


After I ran that upstairs, Ariel and I went to pick up her costumes at the consignment shop. Managed to rent 3 costumes, score! I even got a thank you from the lady who rented the peacock one. Her daughter loved wearing it and it was a lovely surprise to get the note. I will totally rent them out again next year. Yay.

So tomorrow after church we are taking Ariel to her first movie in the theater! Yes, our girl will finally see a film on the big screen, and what will it be? High School Musical 3! I got the tracks off iTunes a few weeks ago and have been playing them for Ariel, and she is really liking the new songs. Plus we are going during her regular movie watching time so it should be a fun time. We have airmile coupons, so its a nice free event. Will post how it all goes down soon.


Before I head off, sending out a big congrats to my cousin Ross and his girlfriend Kailey... er fiancee I should say. Yes, he is getting married! I haven't had the honor of meeting her or her little boy yet, but I am very happy for them. Congrats on your engagement and blessings to you as you begin your lives together as a family.

Well, I think we are gonna try to get Ariel into bed soon, I got the first season of 21 Jump Street from the library and I wanna go watch it. Haha yeah I know, soooooooooooo 80's but its awesome! It was filmed here so its a total blast to see old school Vancouver... Johnny Depp is practically a baby. Haha! Here is the old theme song, ahhh, takes ya back. Hee. So Jay signing off.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a full fun day!

The top you are wearing in the pic of you and Ariel looks great on you. You both look lovely as you sip you tea. :)

Anonymous said...

You're little girl looks so adorable. I love her outfit! You have to tell me where you got her little poncho from.

If your daughter loves high tea and wants to host her own little party, my sister-in-law recommends the cup cakes from Roberts, because they can make them nut or egg free. My sons love them too, well, they like anything sweet and sugary. Here's the link where she found a review on them: http://www.sharesavvy.ca/cities/toronto/reviews/438

Take care!
Christina

Jay said...

Thanks Christina! I will check out that link for sure. Ariel's poncho is from Gymboree. It came out last year and I found it at a consignment shop. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture of the two of you! Tea sounds like fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...