Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eek! Its Thursday!

Its been kinda crazy around here... and today I realized it was Thursday, yikes! So lets start back to Monday and Ariel's ballet class. We arrived at our usual time but the door was locked. Ariel wasn't impressed that we couldn't get in and kept asking when she would get to dance. Teacher arrived and wasn't pleased to see the door still locked either, oops. She had to go get someone to unlock it, but once we were in things were great.


I managed to give Ariel a little bun this morning, hee!


Ariel just LOVES this class. She has been doing more and more of the exercises and songs at home which is very cute. These are her favorite things in class, the stretching game and ribbons.


Update on naps.... they are still scattered. For the majority of the time, they don't happen. Randomly Ariel does fall asleep, but its much later in the afternoon, which isn't great either since it messes up her bedtime. I try and keep her awake, but there are times I find her asleep now in odd places. Here she had been playing and looking at her scrapbooks... and got sleepy.


Tuesday was Remembrance Day, so Ken had the day off. Our day started early as Ariel woke up and came into our room. I didn't think much of it until I went to glance at the clock and it was blank. We had no power! Ugh, and it looked really dark outside, so I had no clue what time it was. I glanced out the window and it was DUMPING rain. I went to find my cel phone to figure out what time it was and to call Hydro to get a time estimate when things would be back on. When I turned on my phone I saw it was quarter to 7am! Crazy! The rain made the day seem so much darker. Thankfully the power was back within the hour, so it didn't disrupt our day at all. Except for having to reset all the clocks in our house, ugh.

The next surprise came when the rain just stopped. We wanted to go to the service down in the park, so it being dry made it much more doable. Ariel was still armed with her boots and raincoat, just in case the rain came back.


Ariel really enjoyed the parade, especially the pipers. Good Scottish blood in her, haha. She would stretch her neck out as far as she could to see the people coming down the road.


Yay Mounties! It was a nice service and the rain held off so that was awesome. Lots of people as usual, and Ariel did well. Daddy eventually had to take her for a little walk to find leaves when the talking got too long for her.


When it was over, we took Ariel up to lay her poppy at the memorial. We remember... and never will forget.


Wednesday Ariel, Stella and I made a run back to the fabric store to get our forgotten fabric from last week. Also picked up a few more bits and pieces for more Christmas goodies. I wish I could share more about what I am making, but all my family read this blog, sooooooooooooo I guess I can't spill the beans. Oh well.

We came home and I spent the afternoon sewing and got lots done. Ariel did some cleaning for me... or her version of it. Um, yeah.


Today we had coffee with Nana and got to see Tracey's twins when she came for a visit at the cafe. They are super cute and Ariel was really taken with them. She kept informing me that they had 'binkies'. Haha.

On our way home we stopped at the consignment shop to talk to Kim. She had emailed me about Ariel being in a fundraiser fashion show that is being held next friday night. Eek, sounds super fun and I have a feeling Ariel is going to have a blast. Kim gave us a shirt to wear and told us just to put some of our things with it. After asking my 'gymbofriends' what skirt to pick, this seems to be the overall winner. What do you think? It highlights the shirt and looks really cute, plus her boots look so fab with it. Hee.


Well Ken just rolled in with his new hair cut! Woot! Looks really nice, and suits him. Now he is ready to go away to the animation festival this weekend. He and Calvin leave tomorrow afternoon, so we are going to miss him lots. Sniff.

EDIT: Please pray for my friends Chris and Dianne. They are in the midst of adopting a beautiful little girl from Ethiopia, but yesterday their court date did not go as planned. Pray the waiting that needs to happen will pass quickly, and pray for them to be strong and for their hearts. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. I love you guys!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I know this has been a weird, fast week eh!

Cute video, that is so fun that she loves her dance class so much. :)

Jill Brochard said...

I can't believe she isn't napping much anymore. Leïla would drive me nuts if I did have her 3-4 hour nap break!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...