Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas with a dash of Thanksgiving

So tomorrow is the American Thanksgiving, and I will be cooking up a yummy dinner, yay! Dad is joining us since Rita went to celebrate with her family in the States, so it will be nice to have other person to join us. We are feeling very thankful and blessed today... if you saw the news today you may have heard about the terrorist attack in India. Ken was planning a trip last spring to do some promotion for the school there... the plans eventually were scrapped due to costs and scheduling issues. That trip would have taken place this week... and Ken would have been at one of the hotels that was bombed. I just shake when I type that... I can't imagine life without him and I am so VERY thankful he wasn't there. Thank you Lord.

I got a call yesterday from Stella checking up on me since I hadn't blogged since last Friday. I took the weekend off since I was still getting better, sorry. I still have a bit of a cough, but no more fevers, so that's good. Instead of going out much, Ariel and I put up the Christmas tree and decorated it together. She was a big help as she passed me the ornaments... a bit of a slave driver too. I needed to go faster apparently. Haha. Its hard getting a picture of our whole tree since its so tall... I managed to cut the head off the angel, oops.


Yesterday I went to the Moments for Moms at a friend's church. It was the Christmas brunch and we brought a dessert to share. A 3 layered brownie with peppermint cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache and little chocolate trees. Ariel was eying it up before we left and was very thankful (Ken too) to see leftovers make it home. I enjoyed getting out and visiting with the other moms... not to mention the yummy food that we got to eat.


On the way home we swung by the library to pick up the dvds I requested. Ariel was thrilled to see one was the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! That girl loves that show. Its her 'favorite'. That's the new word this week. Everything is her 'favorite' things now. Mention what we are having for dinner, 'oh that's my favorite!' Ask her if she wants to watch a particular show, 'oh that's my favorite.' Haha. Too cute. Here is Ariel and her favorite friends watching her favorite show.


Today Ariel and I made a quick run out to the craft store to pick up clay for Ken's church class and some watercolor paper so I could paint our card. Afterwards we stopped at Nana and Papa's for a visit and to help decorate their place. We joined them for lunch and Ariel made quick work of her soup, waffle with fruit, cubed hash browns, bacon, some of our sandwiches, diced pineapple and a cookie. Yes, she pretty much ate all that... and didn't really want to share either. If we took a bite of her bacon we got the stink eye look, followed with 'That's mine!' Ah... that stage. Lovely.

Came home and rested for a bit until we walked down to pick up a package at the post office and to get some lunch meat for Ken. Ariel briefly fell asleep during the walk, what a little angel she looks like sleeping. Awe. We got an empty box to ship our gifts to Ken's family, so I need to get that all together.

In the package that arrived was Ariel's pettiskirt we ordered way back last spring. There is a long story that goes with why its so late, but I don't have the energy to go into it, so I shall just say that we are glad it arrived and Ariel is one happy princess in her puffy skirt.


So if you are celebrating the big turkey day tomorrow, have a wonderful time and don't eat too much. Remember to be thankful for what you have, because we really do have a lot. Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

Tera said...

Oh my, how scary!! I had to read it twice..yes, that's what it said...and I got goosebumps again! I'm so thankful Ken stayed home with you...God's perfect plan!! Love her new skirt.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how scary!!

Love the Christmas decorations...everything looks beautiful!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that Ken was home!!!The Petti Skirt is gorgeous on your darling girl (no need to go into story ;-) I was a petti angel for a couple of girls ..Have a great week..

Brenda said...

Jay, are you hiding somewhere on sewingmamas that I don't know about? They did a big pettiskirt order that just came in, too...I'd hate for you to be holding out on me! Ariel looks precious in her skirt...debating getting one for Mallory...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...