Friday, November 21, 2008

Super Model!

Well, not yet, but she is working on it. Haha. Ariel's big moment in the fashion show was tonight! It was a fund raiser for our local museum and by the looks of things tonight it was a success. At the last minute Ariel was asked to model a hockey jersey too, so that was cool.

The original plan was that I would be in the audience to film and Ken would stay with her back stage... well that changed at the moment when I heard her wailing backstage. Thankfully nothing major had started yet and I was able to slip on stage and get back to Ariel. I am not sure what the problem was but I sent Ken on back to film the show and I worked on calming her down. The other girls looked sad wondering why she was crying and kept saying she didn't need to go on... I soon figured out she WANTED to go out and Ken had said no, it wasn't her turn and that didn't make her happy.

I got some paper and we did letters, and thank heavens I found a candy cane in her knapsack and that literally saved the day. She was happy and calm and then woot, it was her turn to go on. I could hear the 'aww' from the audience. The girl who walked with her came back and said she did great. Then we changed into the hockey jersey and she went again. The show was then finished for us and Ariel got ready to call it a night. We went by Safeway to pick up something and I found a little stuffed toy as a treat for doing such a great job.

Here is her big moment on stage, enjoy! (At the end where she tries to come back on stage, they just started playing her fav Madonna / Justin Timberlake song and wanted to come back out, too funny!)


On the health front, I am feeling better. This morning I woke up with a normal temperature. Woot! I was a bit shaky but after sleeping most of the day yesterday I figured that might happen. Stella was kind enough to take Ariel to her swim class and kept her at the pool an extra hour so I could rest. Such a huge help! Thanks again! Ellen even came down with Carter so the kids could play together. When she came home she was tired enough that she took a NAP!!! Yes, She slept for 4 hours! Needless to say so did I. Ken got home and took over and I continued to rest. By morning I was pretty much back to my normal self. Woot.

Apparently, we have a My Little Pony as a daughter now. Calvin (Ken's co-worker and friend) and his wife Sylvia sent a bag of goodies over that their daughter Nikki has outgrown, and in there was this costume. Well Ariel keeps wanting to wear it around the house now, haha.


The back is the funniest part, I love the tail! As you can see, a little big, but she will be able to use if for a long time so yay!


This morning after breakfast with Dad and Rita, we had a play date at Nancy's with all the girls. It was nice to see everyone and have a good visit. 3 of the gals are very pregnant so who knows, the next time we get together maybe some of the babies will be here. After a yummy lunch, we got all the kids on the couch for a picture, as best as we can when everyone is tired. Haha.


On the drive home past the fields, Ariel yells that she sees bunnies. I look over and laugh, she saw hundreds of geese. I pulled off to the side to grab a picture and a chance for her to see they were in fact birds.


Well, that it from me, Ken and I are going to watch ER from last night and have a snack. Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

missmarble said...

She was so sweet in the video Jay! Lily does the same hands-in-the-mouth thing right now too, especially when she's not sure about things. Ariel looks like she had a blast. Too bad she didn't get to do her dance solo!

kelly ens said...

that was so cute!!! i'm impressed that she let strangers (?) lead her around. she did great!

Anonymous said...

Jay, glad you're feeling better. We have some nasty bugs on this side of the pond too!
Ariel looked gorgeous in the video!
My Lucy loves to see Ariel - it almost as if she knows her now!! She always shouts Ariel at the computer screen, and loves all the photos xx

Kristen said...

SO stinkin cute!!! Glad you are better mama!

Jill Brochard said...

Glad you are feeling better Jay!
Areil is the cutest model (and pony) ever!!

Brenda said...

Yay for feeling better and an extra yay for such a cute model!

Anonymous said...

so so adorable!! What a perfect model!!

And the costume pictures are priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...