Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Hehe, gotta be funny when your feeling crummy. Blah. I haven't been on the computer much since our week has been super busy and I have been fighting an on again off again fever. Ugh. The funny thing is besides the fever, I feel great. Strange bug, oh well. Hoping its almost over.

Lets go back to the beginning of the week. Sunday was church and Kara danced in church. I filmed it for her on my camera and finally am getting around to uploading it. Enjoy!



Monday we had dance class and Nana came to watch the princess do her stuff. She wasn't too distracted with Nana there, but every so often she would want to run over for a hug. Hee. The high light of the class came when the teacher helped Ariel do her tip toe walking. Ariel was smitten with her, and was glowing. Such a sweet moment.


While walking home we found all these beautiful dew covered spiderwebs. Gorgeous! This picture really doesn't do it justice.


Ariel continues to forgo naps in the afternoon and then falls asleep in odd places right before dinner time. I really am bringing to tire of this. She really needs her sleep but she fights it so much. Here she fell asleep during her 2 minute time out in the corner.


Tuesday marked the beginning of swimming lessons. I am not sure yet what I think of the teacher. We have been so blessed to have real wonderful ones in the past, and this one so far feels very new to the game. So we shall see how it goes.

We had to walk across town to go to class because Ken needed the car to go to a high school in the morning to do a presentation. Turns out he ran into my old college buddy Geoff while there, too cool! It was a really cold day and very windy, so that could have brought on the fever maybe... who knows. While walking home we stopped at the 'Christmas' Thrift store they have up at the moment. Outside was the cutest medium sized tree you ever did see! Ariel squealed... so did I! $4 later and it was ours! Now our upstairs hallway has a pretty tree to carry some of my massive ornament collection.


Also in Christmas related news, I made all my new gift tags up. I recycle all the cards from the previous year by cutting them up. Great way to use the beautiful cards without throwing them out.


Last night while I was feeling yucky, Ken was on duty with Ariel. Her new favorite thing to do is to snack on fish crackers from her Elmo tin lunch box.


She also enjoys getting into Ken's guitar case...


...what a monkey!


This morning we picked up Nana and went to Richmond to get some shopping done. Part of the mission was to visit Santa. The night before I kept saying we are going to see Santa, and get our picture taken and get a treat! Well, the treat part was all she needed to hear, all evening it was, 'Santa, knee, treat! Frankly, I would believe it when I see it.

We arrived early, got our shopping done and got to watch the morning elf inspection... yes, seriously! Its so funny, worth checking out. One the elves gave Ariel a finger puppet and she was thrilled! She was grinning and I was excited that she was pumped now. Then she saw Santa... she hid her face in her hands... which is totally her shy routine. As he inched closer I told her to show him the finger puppet and that got her looking at him. He gave her a candy cane and told her to come visit him again. Well she couldn't stop talking about the guy who gave her candy!

After a quick bite to eat, we made our way in for pictures. Mrs Claus was very nice and told Ariel to take her time. This is really one reason we do this early, is that there are no lines and no pressure to move quickly. Ariel started being shy again, her silly shy, no tears. Then Santa produced another candy cane, she RAN to him and next thing you know she is on his lap! I was stunned... and I think she was too because her head was in her hands again. Haha.

The fellow taking the picture started jumping around, ringing bells and being a total goof, it worked! She grinned and poof we had a great picture. I am so happy and so was Ariel. She points out she is with Santa, too cute. Of course she really has no clue who he is, which makes it that much more funny.


Here is last year's pic, look at how much her grew. Wow.


After the pictures, Nana got Ariel some ice cream... serious people, that is a small! Yikes, she didn't finish it, more so just ate the fudge sauce. Yummy.


Well, I need to get some dinner together, Ken is working late, so its a girls night. Also, I need to track down a cowbell to help with my fever, hehe.

4 comments:

Tera said...

We're fighting sickness here too. The girls also met with Santa yesterday. :) It's hard getting two girls to smile at the same time, but the picture turned out ok. A's hair has grown a lot! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Kristin said...

the Santa pic turned out wonderful, totally cute!

Brenda said...

Aww, hope you're feeling better soon! Super cute Santa picture - I suppose we'll have to get that done one of these days, too.

Anonymous said...

wow...I'm impressed with both Santa pictures! Avery's picture this year is her screaming. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...