Sunday, November 30, 2008

1st Sunday of Advent

Ok, so its officially Christmas time. In my books it starts on the first Sunday of Advent, so lets get things rolling! Its been a busy week, and seemed to really drag out since I was still fighting my lingering cough. Ugh. I am so over this cough its not even funny! Ariel too has been holding on to the cough and frankly the moment its gone we are totally celebrating. Haha.

I guess the last time I checked in here we had just finished decorating our place. The tree was up and looking pretty.


Here is our new medium sized tree upstairs in the hallway, the one from the thrift store for $4!


Thursday we had swimming lessons. It is continuing to be ok. The kids in Ariel's class aren't fans of the water... all 3 of them. So Ariel is the only one into it and she is kinda confused that the other kids aren't happy to be there, which concerns her. When they cry, it REALLY gets her upset and she wants to hug them. Awe.

After class we came home and started work on our American Thanksgiving dinner. Yum. Dad came and joined us and it was really nice. The turkey was awesome, and I must say the leftovers didn't last long thanks to Ariel. The girl loves her turkey, and if we hadn't put a stop to her eating that night I am sure she would have kept going and would have had a nasty tummy ache. She is our little turkey girl, hee.


Friday was a nasty day, lots of rain so we stayed inside and did our black Friday shopping online. Ariel and I cuddled on the couch watching cartoons most of the day. Not much else to do when sick really. She is still a darling, even if sick. Just look at that grin! Can you say trouble?!


Ariel is also starting to make cheesy faces when you tell her to smile. Daddy loves this one, haha.


She was checking under the tree to see what was there. I don't think she really cared about the presents, but more so that she could see me on the other side.


Saturday came and there was a bazaar but we skipped going. Just another rainy day and we were both cranky from the coughing. Ugh. I can handle sneezing and fevers, but not coughing, it sucks! Nana brought us some cupcakes from the bazaar and Ariel was thrilled... ok so was I, haha. Thanks Nana.

Ken got home from teaching and headed out to the single mom's dinner at church. He was asked if he could do a puppet show again this year. Ariel tagged along since she wasn't letting Daddy leave again without her. He came home with a beautiful poinsettia which is now in my kitchen, hee.


Today was Sunday and a busy day. It started with exciting news that my friend Erin was in labor! Looks like a baby on the way today, that is always exciting. We arrive at church early to take part in what we call 'church in motion'. Instead of regular Sunday school time, everyone gets to choose one of the classes that is available. Things like crafts, wood working, music, painting, dance, story telling and media arts to name a few. Its a way for all the ages to mingle together and lots of fun too. Ken is leading a stop motion group and I signed up for crafts. Today we made ornaments, too cute!


Ariel was having fun playing with the ribbons for the dance class... I think she would have liked to have been in this group, maybe when she is a bit older.


We came home and got our Christmas card production line started. Need to be organized with this sort of thing, haha.


We did over 100 cards this year... and still have church friends to do. What a blessing to have so many wonderful friends in our lives. I hope they like this year's card. I will post the picture online once we mail them all off. It was during this time we got the call that Erin and Jeremy had a baby girl, Brielle Kirstin Eve. Congrats you guys, looking forward to meeting her.


While we did cards, Ariel had a tea party with her dolls. So cute!!!!!!!!


Tomorrow is Ariel's last dance class until she starts up again after the holidays. We made some snowman soup to give to her teacher, hope she likes it. If I am feeling better then we may make some cookies tomorrow as well. So I better get to bed and rest up. I will be a better blogger this week, promise. Hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my I love the tea party, and the tutu!

And both of your trees are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...