Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Full Day... I'm Beat!

Well, how can you tell that everyone is busy these days? No comments! Haha, no its ok. I finally was getting caught up on every one's blogs too. First off, Ariel wanted to share her new chocolate advent calendar with you. Disney Princesses of course, she picked it out amongst the piles of different characters. Can you tell she is excited about it? We did have to explain that we only get 'one' chocolate daily. She kept saying 'but its time now.' Such a nut!


Today was a crazy day. I had Ken wake me up when he left at quarter after 7am so I could do our big month grocery shop before taking Ariel to swimming lessons. Gack! Not sure what I was thinking, except that I wouldn't want to do it later, and it was customer application day and I wasn't going to miss it.

So by 8am Ariel and I were both up, dressed and out the door. Let me say I will be very thankful when the Safeway store's renovations are finished. Ugh, it was AWFUL! The mess is one thing, but every aisle was being torn apart and rearranged, the loud power tools were freaking out Ariel and just maneuvering around the roped off areas was a challenge with a big buggy. Blah. We managed to get out a little after 9ish and ran over to the other store to get our case lot sized box of fish crackers - a must in our home. Hee.

We then hauled everything upstairs and put them away... well, I hauled and put them away, Ariel over saw the operation. As I finished it was time to leave for swimming, perfect timing, but it didn't leave anytime for a rest. Oh well. When we got changed into our suits, Ariel asked if Carter was coming to swim too. I told her no, not today. She frowned and said 'but I be patience!' Haha, the word of the day. Anyways, I said no, Carter is helping his mommy with his new sister. Ariel then replied, 'Ariel have sister too?' She is just so sweet sometimes.

Swimming class was only us and another Dad and daughter today. Ariel had fun playing with her, tossing the ball back and forth while we waited for the teacher. The dad started telling me all about the day Stella had come with Ariel and how amazed he was that she went down the big slide. Yeah, I don't believe it either, only with Lala. Haha.

Class was great and the teacher was telling me if only Ariel was 3 years old she could go into the puddle jumper class, because she really was ready. She was impressed with Ariel's performance in the class, so that was cool. We came home and Ariel had lunch and wanted to nap, woot! She fell asleep rather quickly, gotta love swimming days. Hee.


With Ariel out, I was able to finish up the Christmas cards for our church family, get the slow cooker going with our dinner and baked up a batch of currant scones. Yum! Ariel must have smelled them because she was up in time to test one.


Ken was running late after work so Ariel and I had dinner early, yummy sweet and sour chicken over rice. I love my slow cooker in winter. Afterwards we had a tea party with all her dolls until Daddy came home. Did you know that reindeer liked to drink from the sugar bowl? Oh the things I keep learning from Ariel. Haha.

Yesterday was much more mellow. Ariel had her last ballet class of the year (its weird saying that, can't believe 2008 is almost over!) Since it was the last class she wore her sparky tutu and was VERY excited!


She was really great that day too. Following along with her teacher and impressing her mommy. When it was time for ribbons she wanted the green one. That's our little Kermit lovin' girl!


I think we will be counting the days until dance begins again in the new year. When it was over we gave her teacher some snowman soup and a Christmas card. She was very touched and gave Ariel a big hug. Of course Ariel blushed, she is totally in awe of her teacher, its so cute.


We then went to drop off the finished cards at the post office. The big bummer came when they were a bit heavier than first thought, I think the different card stock we used was the culprit, blah. So it meant getting more stamps, oh well. I hope everyone enjoys them. Then we stopped to pick up the next season of 21 Jump Street from the library. Did you know Brad Pitt was on an episode? He is crazy young, almost unrecognizable. Ariel got a new Arthur dvd, she totally loves that show.

After lunch I was having fun taking pictures of Ariel in her pettiskirt and twinkle tee, and she was totally into it too... as long as I kept singing for her. Usually she tells me to stop singing, but today was different. Maybe it was because I sounded funny with my froggy voice due to my cold ending. Either way, she was all smiles and we got some great shots!


Can you say CUTE! She sure has that mischievous grin like her daddy.


This is just sweet! Pettiskirts are soooooooooo much fun! If it was up to Ariel, she would wear it 24/7! She wanted to wear it to church on Sunday, but might take up too many seats. Haha.


This last one I played with in photoshop as my new siggy for my message boards I chat on. We have been telling Ariel all about Jesus' being born on Chrismtas and she is really taken with it all. She takes the Jesus ornament off our nativity tree and rocks him. Awe!


Well that's it from me, but as you can see I am back to blogging form, woot! Its nice not being sick. I think I will go start laying out the pattern pieces for our new Christmas pjs, the countdown is on!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So many cute pics Jay! The one for your siggy is precious! Dont you love all the neat things they say at this age?! Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could find a swim and ballet class in my city! It looks like so much fun for Ariel.

Great petti pictures!

Brenda said...

Ahh, such pretty pics! I love Ariel's sparkly tutu - such a princess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...