Tuesday, December 16, 2008

C-c-c-cold!

First off... big shout out to our friends Meeka and Ren! They are FINALLY engaged and we couldn't be happier! Meeka will be sporting a fab ring of a 3 karat orange sapphire. Her dad is a famous jewelry designer and is building her unique ring. Totally go to her blog to check out the work in progress.

Dang, its really cold! I have had the heat cranked up the past few days and its still chilly in here. Brrr. Ariel and I had to venture out to her swimming class this morning and we got winter full blast in the face, ugh. It was more so the wind that made it worse, but we survived. I am sure its worse somewhere else, so I better hush up. Hehe.

A little fun with photoshop. My little Christmas angel.


Ariel is on full lip recovery. Her lip isn't so swollen anymore, the cut on the chin is pretty much just a scab and the inside sore is healing nicely. Although, Ariel keeps reliving the moment by pointing out the spot she got hurt and how her lip is sore. She usually brings it on when she wants something... yeah, she learned that one fast eh?

Just when you think the injuries are over, today she fell of the couch backwards when turning to grab something, and banged her head on the coffee table. UGH! The cry that could be heard around the complex I am sure. Poor sweetie, she apparently inherited her mother's clumsy gene.

Swimming class was good this morning. Ariel did her floats, jumps and glides like a pro. She even surprised me by doing her back repels off the wall on her own! I think she likes the feeling of pushing off with the hands and feet and going backwards into the water. Her teacher was very impressed, my little fish!

Sporting a cute ponytail this morning for swim class.


After class we did a quick run to the grocery store for the things we would need for the appetizer party, Christmas eve treats and Christmas morning brunch. It took longer than I hoped as the store is pretty much all finished being rearranged. I have to learn the homes of everything again, poopy. Nothing has changed really since I worked there years ago, so to suddenly do a complete 180 is weird. By the time we finally got out Ariel was tired and hungry and so was I.

One warm lunch later, Ariel was happily playing upstairs with her toys when the mail man arrived with a parcel... er parcels from Ken's family! I must say , record time for shipping from the states, they only sent it last week. Usually it takes a good 14 days. Merry Christmas indeed! Ariel was eying up all the pretty packages with her name on them... funny, there were lots from Grammy. Haha. We put them under the tree and Ariel went off to find her dolls.


It was around that time that I realized she was being too quiet upstairs. When I investigated, I found her doll with a pull up on, and baby wipes all over the room. I then asked where the baby's actual toy diaper was... oh Ariel, she is so on task.... it was in the dirty diaper pal! Eeewwwwe! Yes, I had to wash it and its drying at the moment. We then had a long talk about not sticking toys in the stinky pal.

Catching a quick couch nap with Snake.
Looks like they are dressed alike today. Haha!



Yesterday was a home day and much painting occurred. I managed to finish one painting and today got another one nearly done. I sent an email to the author with the first finished image and she is thrilled, which is wonderful. We are always are happy when we please someone. Yay. I need to do some sewing tonight to finish an ornament that needs to be mailed tomorrow, so will do that tonight while watching the biggest loser finale. I must say I didn't see the whole season, but the transformations are the cool part anyways. I didn't like the crazy game plan that went down in this season. Blah.

Going to leave you with a silly video from last night of Ariel being a turkey.

3 comments:

Karen said...

She is so adorable! Love that snake doll! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

LOL...what a great, and cute, dancer!

I always hate it when grocery stores change around!

Kristin said...

Aww, how cute napping with her matching snake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...