Thursday, December 04, 2008

Swimming Fun

Today we had swimming class, which pretty much wipes us out for the rest of the day. When we arrived Ellen was just pulling up with Carter. Yay, so Ariel was thrilled. After she finished her class they had a good play together until they both were looking a little tired and looking cold. I wish you could see her in the pool, the girl has NO FEAR! So unlike her mother, haha.

I snapped this picture in the tub tonight, which pretty much captures her feelings about the water... pure JOY!


The afternoon consisted of hanging out and napping. While Ariel was out, I got to surf the net and found out EXCITING NEWS... well for me, haha. Fleetwood Mac is TOURING!!! At this point there is only 3 Canadian dates, and none are in our area... but I am hoping they add more shows and one is either in Vancouver or possibly Seattle. I am very willing to go to Seattle for them. I am DYING to see them in concert. I heart Lindsey Buckingham!!! Christine McVie is not coming, but the rest of the members are, which makes this huge! So cross your fingers and toes for me that a show date is added around here. Eek! For kicks, here is one of my fav songs.



And of course Lindsey doing this awesome version of Big Love. This is soooooo amazing. Gosh I really want to see them live. Eek!!!



Yesterday we baked our first batch of Christmas cookies. Out of the 3 cookie sheets that went into the oven, 2 were perfect, one not so much. My dang old cookie sheet I always forget to give it less time to cook every year. Thankfully they were dark but not lost. Ariel and Ken are enjoying them and we are saving the pretty ones for when company comes. Hee.


Tomorrow is a crazy full day. We are going over to Dad and Rita's as usual, then off to coffee party for our Christmas celebration and finally in the evening is the community tree lighting ceremony. Always lots of fun, carols and a mini parade. Then we are having 2 fun evenings out on the weekend, first a belated dinner with our friends and Ken's co-worker Calvin and his family, and then a potluck dinner on Sunday with our Bible study group.

Well, I will have lots of fun stuff to post in the coming days, so I will leave you as its time for ER. Good night!

6 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Beautiful cookies -- we tried to do sugar cookies and it didn't work right -- the dough was all stick, so I let them chill more and will give it another try this afternoon!

Amy said...

What is it about swimming that makes you so tired! Does the same to me too! Love you cookies, wish you could have slipped one in your cute Christmas card I got yesterday! (Thanks!)

Kristin said...

Yummy lookin cookies!

Dianne said...

I just saw the pass lists... tell Jo CONGRATULATIONS for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooo hoooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

What lovely cookies....makes me want to make some of my own. :)

Sarah said...

Hi, I found you from GF, and just had to comment, since I am a fellow Mac fan! :) I saw them in Seattle on the Say You Will tour (front row!!) and held Lindsey's hands quite a few times...it was amazing! I had no idea they were touring again, so thanks for the info. Ariel is a doll, by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...