Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland!

Everyday I wake up and look outside to see white snow... its weird, just not use to it. Anyhoo, yesterday we were pretty much snowed in. Ken stayed home to work, and it was nice having him around. While it was still early I went out for a walk by myself with my camera. Oh it was so lovely and crisp. I really do like snow, maybe not for driving, pushing a stroller but walking, its really nice.


The sun was just coming up and creating a lovely glow, so pretty and I couldn't just keep it to my self. So I ran home to pull my husband and daughter out for a short walk so they could experience it.


Ariel wasn't too into the snow anymore at this point. She doesn't like being cold and wet, so she proclaimed it was yucky...


...unless Daddy held her hand to help her, aw.


We did get as far as the park, which we found it was nearly up to my knees in spots and Ariel wasn't going for anything that crazy, so we did some pictures and went home to warm up.


The rest of the day I did some sewing and got my pjs done. I kept getting pulled away so it kinda dragged on through out the day. One fun distraction came with the morning mail. Ken's Dad had sent our Christmas cards and they were the fancy talking / musical ones. Ariel was thrilled with hers (well, once she woke up anyways - haha)


Then later another fun surprise. We got a package from one of our online mommy friends, we had done an ornament exchange, so fun! Boy was Ariel surprised to see Disney Princess ornaments!!! Thank you Tiffany, we are loving them!


Ariel went to work decorating our tree with them... until she decided she wanted them on her tree in her room, so that is where they are at staying at the moment. In the morning she chatted about all the princesses and how they were on her tree, it was very sweet.


The other major project finished was the paintings for the Christmas eve service. I am so happy with how they turned out, although my hands need a good rest from all that painting. Doing 5 paintings in under a week with a 2 year old is a LOT of work!



Today I woke up early and put together Ariel's little nightgown. By the time she woke up it was finished and she was very eager to try it on. (Pictures tomorrow) It was then I had a brainy idea of walking down to the store. I got Ariel in the stroller and headed out. Some areas were ok, others were really hard to push through and I had to lift the buggy over the snow mounds. Ugh. Good workout at least. Haha.

Came home again to finish Ken's pj pants only to realize I couldn't find the elastic I bought for them. ARGH! Thankfully Stella to the rescue and dropped some off. Yay, so they are finished and my family won't be naked on Christmas Eve! Yay!

Well, Ken just came in, so time for dinner. Can't believe tomorrow is Christmas eve, I am so excited. Church service in the evening, yummy snacks with my little family and then stuffing some stockings. Then the big day... oh boy oh boy oh boy. I think I am still a kid, can you tell?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I just can't believe all that snow! Enjoy it! Merry Christmas!!

kelly ens said...

FINALLY, we got our snow out here too!!! i love it :)
Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...