Monday, December 08, 2008

Social Butterflies

Yes, for once we felt like social people. Haha. We had 2 outings this weekend and it was lots of fun, but of course today we were all pretty tired. Yawn!!!!! But it was all good fun, or as Ariel's shirt says, it was FABULOUS.


Saturday morning Ariel and I made a run out to Richmond, to pick something up (sorry, can't say more, hehe, Christmas is coming). I promised Ariel we could have McDonald's as a treat and get a My Little Pony toy, as I heard from my online friends that they were out now. I thought at first we could stop at the one in Richmond, but it was still serving breakfast by the time we passed it and no pony toys, boo!

So we made our way back home and I had the brilliant thought of taking her to the new one in the next town over from us. Sure enough they had the pony toys and we had a yummy lunch. The main reason for coming to this particular one was because of the new playroom. It was much nicer than our McDonald's and Ariel loves it. Well, it turned into one huge mess!

When we came into the room, there were several 8-10 year old kids running around... er, wrestling perhaps is the better word. They were climbing all over the toys and their parents seemed blissfully unaware or didn't care that they were destroying the room. Ariel climbed up to go down the slide and waited patiently for the kids to stop climbing up the slide. She waited, and waited.... and waited. Finally she came back down to try something else and that's when she was trampled by some kids. She somewhat bounced and was back up before I could say anything. I looked to their parents thinking someone had to say something that time... no they were taking PICTURES! I was fuming at this point, but rather than get all angry, I let it go.

It wasn't getting better and Ariel was getting frustrated. She was waiting at the slide again and now was calling for them to move. 'Go away, move!' She called to them, as if they cared that a 2 year old was telling them to move. Finally she called for me to help, and I came over and took her hand and looked at the kids and said, 'excuse us please.' The one girl lifted one butt check off the slide, enough for Ariel to go by! Oh I was mad and ready to go, I had enough of this garbage behavior and the parents not caring. As I was pulling my now crying daughter away, the manager came in and was talking to the parents. I guess he saw the video footage and wasn't pleased with the kids going all ape on the toys. The moment he was gone the parents were cat calling him, oh brother!

Poor Ariel was so sad and we ended up getting anther pony toy to make up for not staying. I just couldn't chance her getting trampled again, or learning bad behavior from both the kids and parents. Blah!

The rest of the afternoon was pretty mellow as we waited for Ken to get home so we could drive out to Burnaby. The rain was really coming down at this point and by the time we were on the road at 4pm it was already dark, crazy! We got to Calvin, Sylvia and Nikki's place at 5pm. The girls exchanged gifts, Ariel got Nikki a webkin chicken and Nikki got Ariel a new purse and Disney princess pjs. Both girls were thrilled and had fun playing.


After dinner the girls played more and we had a nice visit. We got to see some video clips from the latest shows Nikki did some acting on. Its always crazy to see her on tv because you expect to see the girl you know and then she is totally someone else. For a young girl, she is very good. I am glad she and Ariel have fun together, just look at these crazy girls!


This was too funny, Ariel was playing peek a boo.


At 9ish, Ariel started crying and we realized she had a nasty diaper. We cleaned her up and noticed she had a small rash, poor baby. So we packed up because she was sore and unhappy now. Ariel fell asleep on the way home only to be awoke when taken from her seat because of her sore bottom. You can tell she wasn't pleased by just looking at her face here.


We got her cleaned up and covered in the good cream. She fell asleep again only to wake up at 2am crying in pain from peeing in her diaper and irritated it again. We changed her and added more cream. The next morning we were a little rough but Ariel was much happier. Stella was kind enough to watch Ariel during the Sunday School time so Ken could teach and I could craft. Next week I am leading the craft, so we are very thankful Ariel has a fun place to go. Here is this week's craft, a little jar tea light that we covered in tissue paper, wire and beads. I love it!


Ariel was fine in the nursery during church until the girls tried to change her diaper... she wasn't going to let them. She barely lets us change her when she is that sore. We got her home and cleaned her up and gave her some 'air time'. She enjoyed that and happily played with her ponies.


It wasn't till later that I noticed 2 more of her 2 year molars had popped through the gum! Suddenly it all made sense, her lingering cold, the rash on her bottom... teething! Its amazing how you easily forget these things so fast.

That evening we were going to our Life group's potluck dinner. Ariel was happy to go, but wasn't her normal self, but was still a trooper... especially when she knows food is involved. Haha.


She really liked the spinach dip with chips... so much so that we had to move it from her reach. There were a couple other kids there, and so we got a little kids table going. Ariel polished off her salmon and was quick to eat mine too. Hey!


Following dinner we had our annual 'tacky gift exchange' game. My personal fav this time was the 'exercise block.' A small block of wood with instructions saying to put it on the floor and walk around it, thus 'walking around the block' eh! A good workout indeed. Haha. Ariel managed to end up with a singing snowman toy, so she was pleased. We came home and hit the hay.

This morning we didn't have anything to do so I declared a lazy day at home. Ariel slept in till 930am and woke up super happy. Her nose was drying up and her rash was disappearing. Woot! She happily played as I cleaned the house, following me room to room with her basket of ponies. We did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, living room and computer room. I must say I am very tired now but I am happy its looking better for Christmas company. Ariel looks pretty rested... I guess putting dirty socks in the laundry hamper isn't that strenuous.


Today the last of our gifts we ordered online arrived in the mail so we boxed up the package for Ken's family and its heading off with Rita to be mailed in Point Roberts tomorrow morning. Yay!


Well, that's been our past 3 days. Tomorrow is swimming, but unless the rash has totally cleared up, not sure if we will go. I don't want the chlorine to make it sting and get all red again. If not, I am sure we will find something else to do. Busy bees we are!

In closing, here is this year's Christmas card! Most of the ones we sent out have arrived so I can post it now. I came up with the image and we had a good laugh about it. Just seems funny to us, haha.


Well, 2 weeks till Christmas! Yay!

9 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Glad Areil's little bum is clearing up --rashes are the worst! I can't believe Christmas is in 2 weeks -- I have so much to do and will never finish in time.

(my word verification here is "redness" -- now isn't that ironic!)

Dianne said...

We got our card today - thanks guys!! (It was our first ever Christmas card with Elena's name on it too :)

Anonymous said...

Hope the rash clears up soon - Lucy has been experiencing exactly the same thing!! Awful to see their little bums so sore!

The "feral" parents and children at McD's sounded awful. Best not to speak to them, because, in my, experience, they think they know best anyway. Much better to explain to Ariel that their behaviour is wrong and unkind.

As always, loving Ariel's Christmas fashions!! Best dressed girl award goes to Ariel!!

Amy said...

I can't stand ignorant kids, and I really can't stand the parents for not keeping them under control! That whole story just got me all peeved because it has happened to us many times!
Hope her bum is better today, and you guys got to go swimming!

kelly ens said...

sorry to hear about the incident at McD's - that's no fun for either of you!
I hope her rash clears up soon...just think, soon that will all be a distant memory!
Thanks for the Christmas card - it looks fabulous, as does the family picture :) Now I just need to get mine done...

Kristen said...

♥ the Christmas card! You are a talented family! The pic of Ariel in front of the tree is adorable!

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the McD's incident! Too bad there are some parents out there who don't care to teach their kids good manners, or supervise them properly!

I hope Ariel's feeling better by now and the rash has gone away!

Kristin said...

Ah yes the 2 year molars, NO FUN!
Hope Areil's bottom is feeling better soon.

Totally cute Christmas card!

Brenda said...

Ugh, I hate mean people. What a totally inappropriate way for parents to act - glad Ariel got another pony out of the deal, anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...